Aaron R. Hutman
Mr. Hutman is active in counseling clients on export controls under the EAR and ITAR; OFAC sanctions regimes; Anti-Money-Laundering compliance; the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act; international investment and CFIUS matters; U.S., WTO and NAFTA trade litigation and negotiations; and international arbitration. He is also experienced in Latin American business, investment and real estate matters.
- Advised international investment fund on sanctions, anti-money laundering, bank transfer, anti-corruption and other legal issues.
- Conducted investigation in Mexico relating to complex anti-corruption and government-finance issues.
- Advised Mexican clients on investment in the United States, including application of SEC rules in private placement and impact of U.S. anti-money laundering regimes.
- Advised government contractor on complex export, services and import issues with Department of Justice, State Department and Commerce Department components.
- Advised major satellite telecom provider in sanctions matters relating to Cuba, Iran and Africa.
- Advised international marketing company on sanctions and SEC issues relating to Iran, Syria and Sudan.
- Worked with multinational company on market entry in Myanmar/Burma, advising on both U.S. sanctions and local business, tax and IP issues in coordination with local counsel.
- Counseled U.S. client on encryption Export Control matters related to business in Asia and advised on revision of the company’s compliance plan.
- Won a settlement offer for a client in U.S. customs claim relating to damage of imported property.
- Advised companies in regards to BIS export control, OFAC sanctions, and ITAR compliance, investigations and due diligence.
- Negotiated dispute between two of the world’s largest energy companies over a refinery in Singapore and acting as lead associate in subsequent arbitration.
- Supported an OPIC-financed energy transaction in Georgia with complex FCPA and money laundering issues.
- Represented UK and Canadian clients before the U.S.-Government tribunals, NAFTA panels and WTO panels.
- Provided preliminary advice to a private equity and international consulting group on U.S. and EU anti-money laundering issues and OFAC sanctions with regards to their activities in Africa and Latin America.