Pillsbury Honored For Hedge Fund Work
Brant K. Maller
Members of Pillsbury’s Alternative Investments team are retained by providers and users of institutional capital because of the firm’s experience structuring and advising on investments in alternative asset classes. Our practice extends well beyond fund formation, and is distinguished by the range of industry participants we counsel in connection with their most demanding deals. The firm is current on the latest structures and legal developments that affect:
- private equity, including buyout and venture capital;
- hedge funds; and
- a variety of real estate investing platforms, including JVs, co-investments, direct equity and a dominant REIT practice
Our multidisciplinary team is at the forefront of precedent creating deals backed by institutional money in infrastructure, timber, emerging markets and financial products. Our clients include:
- buy-side investors, such as public, private and union pensions; to endowed private institutions, private clients, and traditional asset managers;
- investment advisors;
- managers of private investment funds and funds of funds; and
- portfolio companies and turnaround specialists.
A Bridge to Pillsbury’s Resources
The Alternative Investments team is oriented around the nature of an investor and an investment rather than a particular legal practice area. We serve as a bridge between our clients and the firm’s domestic and international offices and attorneys in investment-related practice areas like corporate, securities, tax, real estate, bankruptcy, ERISA and litigation.
- Apollo Real Estate Advisors
- California Public Employees' Retirement System (CalPERS)
- Citigroup Inc.
- Deutsche Bank AG
- Lehman Brothers Inc.
- Morgan Stanley & Co.
- Shorenstein Properties
- Stanford University
- New York State Common Retirement Fund