Charles J. Landy
Mr. Landy is a partner in the law firm's Corporate & Securities practice and is located in the Washington, DC office. He concentrates his practice on matters involving federal and state securities and corporate law. Mr. Landy represents clients in enforcement and regulatory matters before the Securities and Exchange Commission and in civil litigation involving securities and corporate issues. He conducts internal corporate investigations and advises boards of directors and audit and special committees on a range of issues related to those investigations. In enforcement matters, he has represented clients who have been the target or subject of SEC investigations into, among other things, financial fraud, insider trading, disclosure obligations, investment adviser and hedge fund matters, and brokerage sales and supervision responsibilities. He has litigated many of the principal provisions of the Securities Act of 1933 and the Securities Exchange Act of 1934.
Prior to entering private practice, Mr. Landy was an attorney in the SEC's Division of Enforcement.
- Represents corporation and its affiliates in securities fraud litigation
- Represents hedge funds in regulatory, enforcement and litigation matters
- Represents brokerage firm in trading room fraudulent practices investigation
- Represents software company in internal controls and antifraud investigation
- Represented closed end mutual fund in Investment Company Act litigation
- Represented registered investment adviser in soft dollar litigation
- Conducted internal investigation of financial fraud involving restatements exceeding $800 million
- Represented special committee of public company in investigation involving short swing profit issues
- Represented companies and individuals in class action litigation