Christopher J. McNevin
Mr. McNevin is the leader of the law firm's Environment, Land Use and Natural Resources practice and is located in the Los Angeles and Houston offices. His practice focuses on litigation, counseling, climate change issues, and working with companies and environmental agencies to resolve issues of soil, groundwater and sediment contamination, air and water quality, and water rights. In the water rights area, he has represented ranches, golf courses and other landowners in connection with pre-1914, appropriative, riparian and groundwater rights. He has represented a Canadian corporation in an international contamination dispute, major corporations in large-scale groundwater litigation, as well as major corporations and landowners in CERCLA actions and parties in real property contamination cases.
He has served on the board of directors of the Stanford Law Society of Southern California, as Special Counsel to the Ohio Attorney General, and as Special Counsel to the Orange County Water District.
- Chambers USA, Environment—California (2009-2013)
- Best Lawyers in America, Lawyer of the Year, Natural Resources Law — Los Angeles (2012)
- Best Lawyers in America, Natural Resources Law, Environmental Law (2010-2014)
- Legal 500 US, Environmental Litigation (2006-2013)
- Who's Who in LA Law, Environmental Law, Los Angeles Business Journal (2008)
- Top Los Angeles Lawyer, Los Angeles Business Journal
- Martindale-Hubbell, AV® Rated
- Super Lawyers (2003-2010)