Christine Scheuneman is a partner in the law firm's Litigation practice and is located in the Los Angeles office. She represents many of the nation's leading corporations, financial institutions, and real estate companies, as well as many preeminent international companies. Ms. Scheuneman leads the firm’s Real Estate Litigation practice.
A litigator and experienced trial attorney, Ms. Scheuneman has an extensive practice in complex business, class action, and commercial matters. Her practice includes financial services, antitrust and unfair business practices, and securities litigation. She has represented real estate and finance clients in matters involving investment disputes, regulatory investigations and actions, loan and asset workouts, insolvency, real estate development, and construction issues. She regularly advises clients in the consumer financial services sectors about issues that are subject to the expansive jurisdiction of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau ("CFPB").
Her practice also focuses on the use of litigation to improve client leverage, to analyze and close transactions favorably or actualize asset exit strategies.
Ms. Scheuneman has served a number of public and private entity clients as outside counsel supervisor of their litigation and other matters nationally. She has served on the national arbitration panel of neutrals for the American Arbitration Association. In 2007, she joined an elite group of real estate and finance professionals and business leaders as a member of the Advisory Board for the Center for Real Estate at the University of California - Irvine's Paul Merage School of Business.
Ms. Scheuneman is a member of the Board of Trustees of Cottey College and its Institute for Women’s Leadership, Social Responsibility and Global Awareness. She also serves on the Executive Committee of the Board of Directors of the Girl Scouts of Orange County. Ms. Scheuneman is a Governance Fellow of the National Association of Corporate Directors (NACD).
9th Circuit Court of Appeal; all California District Courts; 7th Circuit Court of Appeal; Northern District of Illinois, Northern District of Illinois (Trial Bar); California, Colorado, and Illinois State Courts
- Japan America Society of Southern California, Torrance, CA, September 2015, "Crisis Management Toolkit"
- National Conference of State Liquor Administrators 2015 Annual Conference, San Diego, California, June 17, 2015, "How Deceptive Can a Label Be?"
- American Conference Institute’s 18th National Forum on Consumer Finance Class Actions & Litigation, Los Angeles, California, April 9, 2014, "Defending Against New and Emerging Claims Relating to Credit, Debit and Prepaid Cards and Bank Add-on Services and Products"
- California Mortgage Bankers Association 2013 Western States Legal Issues Conference, Costa Mesa, California, December 2, 2013, "Litigation Update"
- Patient Health Information Data Breach Webinar Series, May 8, 2012, "Responding to a Data Breach Incident"
Order of Barristers