Cydney A. Tune
New technologies continue to dramatically redefine the traditional boundaries of copyright law. Pillsbury’s copyright law team works with clients to protect marks and creative materials and leverage them to the fullest advantage. We advise the preparers, authors, prospective acquirers and owners of copyright rights on preparing and publishing original and derivative works, particularly regarding literary works, ornamental, industrial and graphic designs, and computer software.
Examples of our copyright experience include:
- Drafting, negotiating, reviewing and advising on agreements covering preparation of contributions to works by independent contractors, exclusive and non exclusive interests in copyrights and manuscripts, permissions and releases, reverse engineering, decompilation, and clean room developments.
- Preparing and filing US copyright registration applications and computer chip mask work registration applications, shepherding applications through special handling procedures at the US Copyright Office.
- Filing agreements for recordation.
- Investigating the existence, scope, ownership and commercial exploitation of copyright rights, rights of publicity and character merchandizing rights.
- Representing the owners of rights and accused infringers in copyright and related litigation, and in facilitating and controlling importation of copyrighted materials.
- Consulting authors, their heirs and representatives in regard to copyright and right of publicity aspects of author’s estates.