Corporate & Securities
Robert B. Robbins
From formation and financing to acquisition and divestiture, organizations at every stage of growth look to Pillsbury's corporate and transactional lawyers for guidance. Our lawyers work in a collaborative manner across related legal disciplines including employee benefits, environment, government contracts, intellectual property, labor, real estate, regulation and tax. The more complex the matter, the more value this collaborative capability represents to our clients.
Industry publications consistently rank Pillsbury's Corporate & Securities practice as a leader among law firms:
- Chambers USA 2016 ranked our Corporate/M&A practice regionally in Washington DC, New York and Virginia, and our California Capital Markets: Debt & Equity practice. Twelve of our partners were recognized for their practice excellence and client service.
- Best Lawyers/US News & World Report 2016 recognized Pillsbury’s national Corporate, Securities/Capital Markets, Mergers & Acquisitions and Venture Capital practices as Tier 1.
- In 2015, Legal 500 US recognized our M&A: Middle Market (sub- $500m) and Venture Capital and Emerging Companies practices; Legal 500 Latin America recognized our Corporate M&A and Capital Markets practices; and Legal 500 Asia Pacific named Pillsbury's China Practice as one of the best foreign firms for Corporate M&A work.
- The M&A Advisor named Pillsbury as a 2014 winner for "Corporate/Strategic Acquisition of the Year" in the Over $100mm to $1 Billion category.
- Pillsbury ranked 11th as a Top Advisor to U.S. Middle Market according to FactSet's Flashwire Advisor Report.
Representative transactions include:
- Representing NTT Data Corp. in its acquisition of Dell Inc.’s IT services division (infrastructure services, cloud services, application services, and business process outsourcing) for $3 billion.
- Represented Chevron Corporation, an oil and gas conglomerate, in its $6.8 billion floating rate notes offering.
- Represented the Board of Directors of PHH Corporation in its sale of the Fleet Division of PHH Corporation to Element Financial Corporation for $1.4 billion in cash and $3.5 billion assumption of debt, for a total acquisition price of $4.9 billion.
- Represented Financial Engines in its acquisition of The Mutual Fund Store from Warburg Pincus for approximately $600 million.
- Represented Global Cash Access, Inc., a provider of integrated casino cash solutions, in its $1.2 billion acquisition of Multimedia Games.
- Represented Business Insider, one of the most popular business websites, in its $343 million sale to German media company Axel Springer SE.
- Represented Invitae Corporation, a genetic information company, in its $101.6 million initial public offering.
- Represented J.P. Morgan, Barclays, Mizuho Securities and SunTrust Robinson Humphrey as the underwriters in the $1 billion senior note offering by CenturyLink, Inc.
- Represented Envivio, Inc. in its $125 million sale to Ericsson AB.
- Represented Louisville Gas & Electric Company in its $550 million offering of first mortgage bonds.