Robert B. Robbins
Corporate & Securities
From formation and financing to acquisition and divestiture, organizations at every stage of growth look to Pillsbury's corporate and transactional lawyers for guidance. Our lawyers work in a collaborative manner across related legal disciplines including employee benefits, environment, government contracts, intellectual property, labor, real estate, regulation and tax. The more complex the matter, the more value this collaborative capability represents to our clients.
Industry publications consistently rank Pillsbury's Corporate & Securities practice as a leader among law firms:
- Our Corporate practice is ranked Tier 1 nationally by Best Lawyers/US News & World Report in its 2013 survey.
- Pillsbury ranked fifth for the most U.S. IPOs handled by firms acting for issuer’s counsel in The American Lawyer’s 2013 Corporate Scorecard.
- Chambers USA 2012 ranked our Corporate/M&A and our Investment Funds:Venture Capital practices nationally. Twelve of our partners were recognized for their practice excellence and client service.
- Recipient of the 2012 M&A Advisor “Corporate/Strategic Acquisition of the Year ($100 million - $200 million)” award for our representation of Atlas Holdings, a private equity firm, in its acquisition of Shorewood Packaging Corporation and its international affiliates from International Paper Company.
- Legal 500 ranked our M&A: Middle Market (sub- $500m) and Venture Capital and Emerging Companies practices in its 2012 publication.
- According to Corporate Counsel's 2012 survey of in-house counsel at Fortune 500 firms, Pillsbury is a "Go-To Firm" for Corporate Transactions and Securities.
- Dow Jones Private Equity Analyst recognized Pillsbury among the top 25 Most Active Law Firms in the United States for private equity and venture capital transactions in 2012. Pillsbury was also listed among the firms that closed the most private equity and venture capital funds in 2012.
- At the 2010 Turnaround Atlas Awards, Global M&A Network selected a Pillsbury distressed M&A deal as Deal of the Year in Real Estate, Construction & Services. The transaction, in which Pillsbury helped a Chinese investment group acquire real estate assets under the prior owners’ Chapter 11 proceedings, was also a finalist for the Special Situation M&A Deal of the Year (above $100 million).
- Pillsbury ranked 11th as a Top Advisor to U.S. Middle Market according to FactSet's Flashwire Advisor Report.
Representative transactions include:
- Represented Nicira Inc., a computer networking company, in its sale to VMware, Inc. for $1.26 billion.
- Represented Performant Financial Group, a financial recovery company, in its $81 million initial public offering.
- Represented Chevron Corporation, an oil and gas conglomerate, in its $4 billion notes offering.
- Represented Tesoro Corporation, an oil and gas company, in its acquisition of BP's integrated financing and marketing businesses for $2.475 billion.
- Represented Credit Suisse, Deutsche Bank Securities, Goldman Sachs and UBS Investment Bank as the underwriters in the $900 million senior note offering by Principal Financial Group, Inc.
- Represented IMS Health, Inc., a healthcare technology company, in its acquisition of SDI Health, LLC.
- Represented Sinclair Television Group, Inc., a television broadcast company, in its 144A offering of senior notes valued at $500 million.
- Represented LitePoint Corporation, a wireless solutions company, in its sale to Teradyne Inc. for $510 million.
- Acted as designated underwriters' counsel in Entergy Arkansas' $500 million offering of first mortgage bonds.