Corporate & Securities - Technology
“Through insightful, timely questions and business curiosity, coupled with excellent work ethic and attention to detail, Pillsbury’s team has meaningfully contributed to the creation and preservation of shareholder value at my company.” – Adam Tachner, Atheros Communications
“The level of service is so good that it’s like having an in-house general counsel.” –Legal 500
Pillsbury’s Corporate & Securities – Technology practice guides clients through every stage of a company’s development, from incubating the idea to securing funding to IPO or exit and beyond. Entrepreneurs, venture capitalists, emerging growth companies and industry-leading multinationals rely on Pillsbury for advice on everything from financing and corporate governance to cross-border acquisitions.
For a bootstrapped startup, Pillsbury’s Technology team operates as a small-scale boutique. For a high-tech leader making a time-sensitive acquisition, we assemble a multidisciplinary team with deep experience. We provide the right lawyers for the specific needs of our clients, never overwhelming them with what they don’t need.
Pillsbury's more than 700 attorneys encompass a diverse set of practice areas, including corporate, intellectual property, executive compensation, tax, licensing, global sourcing, government contracts, regulatory and litigation.
- $10 billion in venture financing since 1999 for technology and life science startups
- 800 underwritten and other public offerings valued at more than $238 billion since 2000
- 74 completed IPOs, 51 IPOs issuer-side counsel and IPOs as 23 underwriter-side counsel since 2000
- More than 100 venture capital and private equity funds represented
Technology-Focused Since 1968
Pillsbury has been a leading advisor to technology companies since we helped incorporate Intel in 1968. Global in scope, our Corporate & Securities -- Technology team has handled offerings on all U.S. exchanges as well as the Tokyo, AIM and AUS markets.
- 2014 Best Lawyers in America ranked 176 Pillsbury lawyer rankings and 70 Pillsbury practices were ranked in the top tier, including our national Corporate Law, Securities/Capital Markets Law, Venture Capital Law, M&A Law, and Private Equity Law practices.
- 2013 Chambers Global recognized Pillsbury in 11 practice areas, including Capital Markets: Debt & Equity and Technology & Communications.
- 2013 Legal 500 ranked 88 Pillsbury attorneys and 20 practices in its U.S. guide, including our Middle Market M&A practice.
- 2013 Chambers USA recognized Pillsbury in 45 practice areas, including our national Corporate, M&A and Life Science practices, as well as with 108 individual rankings.
- Corporate Counsel 2013 named Pillsbury a Go-To Law Firm based on response from 11 companies in 4 categories: Corporate, Securities, Intellectual Property and Litigation.
Applied Micro Circuit Corporation
Global Cash Access
Tenable Network Security
Technology Specific Experience
From Government Contracts and Intellectual Property to Corporate and Global Sourcing, Pillsbury lawyers collaborate across practice areas in technology-focused teams structured to serve our clients’ diverse and unique needs.
Defense and Aerospace
Gaming and Virtual Worlds
Life Sciences and Health Care
Renewable and Alternative
Software Defined Networks
Pillsbury provides valuable services to help you grow your business. Our lawyers tap into their industry relationships to bring together companies, research organizations and academic institutions to explore opportunities for joint ventures, sponsored research and technology licensing. The firm’s Venture Director connects emerging growth companies with funding sources and our regular industry events link all the pieces together for networking and information sharing.
Our attorneys are at the forefront of their practices and provide client alerts to keep you abreast of changes that affect your business. Pillsbury hosts frequent events, such as our annual Liquidity Summit, quarterly Venture Breakfast and others.
Visit our blogs
Social Media & Games Law Blog: http://www.socialgameslaw.com/