Deferred Prosecution Deals and Sentencing Guidelines Come to the UK: How Will They Work in Bribery and Corruption Cases?
With FCPA Under Scrutiny, Will DOJ Expand Use of Travel Act?
Corporate Investigations & White Collar Defense
Our attorneys' experience representing clients in criminal defense and corporate investigation proceedings includes criminal cases, federal and state grand jury investigations, state attorney general investigations, regulatory enforcement proceedings, and civil and criminal forfeiture proceedings. Pillsbury's team members, many of whom bring experience as former federal prosecutors and regulators, draw upon our experience in such substantive law areas as antitrust, environmental regulation, financial institutions, foreign corrupt practices, government contracts, health care and securities. This diversity of experience, coupled with practical criminal defense experience, enables Pillsbury to handle complicated criminal and regulatory enforcement matters effectively and efficiently. We also advise corporations and individuals about how to avoid potential criminal liability, which includes creating, implementing and reviewing corporate compliance programs in an effort to reduce the likelihood of employee misconduct and to satisfy Federal Sentencing Guidelines and DOJ requirements.
Examples of the matters our practice covers include:
- Conducting internal corporate investigations of alleged misconduct, including special committee and audit committee investigations
- Representing corporations, officers and directors in grand jury investigations
- Defending criminal and regulatory enforcement actions and trials brought by or in conjunction with a variety of governmental agencies, including the US Department of Justice, US Attorney’s Offices, the Federal Trade Commission, the Securities and Exchange Commission, the Federal Reserve Bank, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco & Firearms, the Department of Defense, the Food and Drug Administration, federal and state environmental agencies, and state Attorney General offices
- Prosecuting and defending civil RICO and financial fraud actions
- Establishing and maintaining compliance programs mandated by the Federal Sentencing Guidelines