Ms. Slim is an associate in the firm's Insolvency & Restructuring practice. She represents debtors, creditors, creditors’ committees and other entities in bankruptcies, workouts and related transactions. Ms. Slim represents clients in state and federal courts, including the federal bankruptcy courts, on a wide range of commercial and transaction-avoidance disputes, including fraudulent and preferential transfers, equitable subordination, substantive consolidation and debt/equity characterization. Ms. Slim also drafts legal opinions, including substantive consolidation and true sale opinions, for a variety of real estate and financing transactions.
Ms. Slim is a member of the firm’s recruiting committee, the Hispanic Bar Association of the District of Columbia, and the American Bankruptcy Institute. Ms. Slim is also fluent in Spanish.
- Defended limited partner in multi-million dollar fraudulent transfer and turnover actions filed in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware.
- Represented debtor Potomac Supply Corporation, a sawmill and building supply company, in its chapter 11 proceeding in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Virginia.
- Represented purchaser of radio station cluster in the Nassau Broadcasting Partners LP bankruptcy case in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware.
- Defended syndicated lenders in fraudulent transfer action in the LandSource Communities Development LLC bankruptcy cases in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware.
- Represented “B” note holder and mezzanine lender in the Georgian Towers chapter 11 proceedings in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of Maryland.
- Represented debtors ReGen Biologics, Inc. and RBio, Inc., developers and manufacturers of meniscus implant products, in their jointly administered chapter 11 proceedings in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware.
- Represented lender in the strict foreclosure of a mezzanine loan.
- Represented mezzanine lender in the Bray & Gillespie Management, LLC chapter 11 proceedings filed in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Middle District of Florida and in other related litigation.
- Represented hotel and casino (debtor) in a chapter 11 case filed in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of Puerto Rico.
- Represented various debtors, on a pro bono basis, in chapter 7 and chapter 13 proceedings.
U.S. District Courts for the Southern District of Florida, Middle District of Florida, District of Columbia, and District of Maryland
- Maximizing Financial Recovery in Bankruptcy & Minimizing Risk, Pillsbury-hosted CLE seminars for clients, 2012