The JOBS (Jumpstart Our Business Startups) Act - A Revolution in Private Offerings
Topics to be addressed:
- How will general solicitation and public advertising affect private offerings under Reg D?
- How will the crowdfunding provisions really work? Will it be usable by legitimate issuers, or will it simply facilitate fraudulent offerings?
- Will the new "Regulation A+" attract more use than the existing Regulation A, now that issuers will have the option of public advertising in Reg D offerings?
- What benefits are offered by the new "on ramp" for public offerings by emerging growth companies? Should issuers file their offerings confidentially. How can emerging growth companies identify and enlist research analysts to participate in their road shows and offerings?
- In the new offering mechanisms, who bears the risks? Who will go which route?
- Under the new thresholds for 1934 Act registration, how will companies count their non-accredited shareholders?
- Is being a public company now optional for many issuers?