Pillsbury Secures 113 Lawyer Rankings and 22 National Practice Rankings in 2012 Chambers USA
Sarah Good Discusses the First “Say-on-Pay” Ruling
Susan P. Serota
Executive Compensation & Benefits
We are at the forefront of national and international benefits practice. We can advise you on a wide variety of pension, profit-sharing, welfare and other employee benefits matters. Our clients include corporations, partnerships and governmental entities, trustees, investment managers and executives who all look to us for advice on:
- The design, implementation and compliance of qualified pension and profit-sharing plans, health and welfare plans.
- Fiduciary matters and the tax and ERISA implications of proposed investments.
- The tax and securities law implications of deferred compensation plans, including the implementation of stock-based compensation arrangements.
We can counsel you on the tax implications of various funded and unfunded deferred compensation plans and on the implementation of stock-based compensation arrangements. Where securities laws must be considered, we can offer you advice regarding pertinent federal and state disclosure, registration and compliance requirements. We will also advise you on the “golden parachute” consequences and IRC million-dollar limitation on executive compensation arrangements. Recent activities include:
- Advising large publicly held companies on stock option, restricted stock and other equity-based plans with respect to tax and securities law implications.
- Advising multinational companies on the implementation of global stock plans.
- Advising emerging market companies on stock option plans and other equity arrangements.
Other Types of Work
We can advise you on various welfare benefit issues, including funding of retiree health benefits, implementation of cafeteria plans, COBRA and dependent care issues. We also represent clients in administrative proceedings before the Internal Revenue Service, the Department of Labor and the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation. We have acted on behalf of corporate clients and trade organizations in legislative affairs and counseled legislative and regulatory staff on technical and policy issues.