Gerry Hinkley Discusses Medical App Regulations
Fraud & Abuse and Compliance
- Structuring business arrangements to comply with federal and state anti-kickback and physician self-referral laws.
- Operating on a daily basis in accordance with the ever-changing and increasingly complex web of laws and regulations governing billing and reimbursement, patient referral, marketing, managed care, and fraud and abuse issues.
- Developing compliance programs that are consistent both with Office of Inspector General guidelines and the size, resources, patient mix and risk areas of the client.
- Conducting internal investigations and litigation risk assessments and -where an action has been brought by a federal or state government agency or a private "whistleblower" - defending clients in criminal, civil and administrative litigation.
- Negotiating and implementing settlements with federal and state agencies when investigations, enforcement actions, and criminal charges have been brought against our clients.