Mr. Chikovani is a senior associate in Pillsbury's Litigation group. His practice focuses on antitrust, labor and employment, and other complex litigation; domestic and international arbitral proceedings; and corporate internal investigations. He has handled a diverse array of complex cases, including class actions, in both federal and state court. He has also represented Board committees in internal investigations and before government regulators.
While attending law school, Mr. Chikovani assisted attorneys at the State Department Office of the Legal Adviser, the National Resource Defense Council, and the New York Legal Aid Society Immigration Law Unit. He also served on the NYU Moot Court Board and is the national champion of the 2006 Lefkowitz Moot Court in trademark law.
Antitrust and Unfair Competition
- Representing a global electronics company in the defense of multi-district litigation alleging that defendant manufacturers conspired to fix prices in violation of Section 1 of the Sherman Act and various state laws. Representation includes more than 40 related proceedings, including class actions brought by direct and indirect purchasers, individual actions by opt-outs, and attorneys general suing in both federal and state courts.
- Represented clients in wage-and-hour class actions alleging meal and rest break violations.
- Oversaw administration of complex settlement process, including resolution of more than 400 disputes by class members.
- Represented government agency facing age discrimination suit.
- Represented bank facing allegations of violating whistleblower provisions of Sarbanes-Oxley Act.
- Provided advice to clients on subjects including exempt classification, classification as contractor, and use of non-compete agreements.
- Represented an immigrant from Guatemala in removal proceedings, including appeal to Fifth Circuit, obtaining a U-Visa that granted her lawful status in the United States.
- Represented single mother facing eviction, obtaining settlement amounting to several months’ rent.
- Coordinate firm’s participation in the Ninth Circuit Pro Bono Representation Project, through which the Firm's attorneys represent the interests of pro se appellants bringing immigration or civil rights claims.
- Co-editor of selected chapters in the 8th edition of "Asylum and Related Immigration Protections," a leading treatise for immigration practitioners published in 2009 by the Immigrant Legal Resource Center.
Environmental Impact Assessment Committee Newsletter, ABA Section of Environment and Resources, Vol. 2, No.1, Co-Authored by Rita Chan and Benjamin Wiles, August 2006