Expanded Exception to English Law of Privilege Shielding 'Without Prejudice' Settlement Negotiations
Ms. Dallas is a lawyer in the law firm's dispute resolution department with many years experience both in the English High Court and also in International Arbitration.
Although Ms. Dallas has advised clients in a wide range of commercial disputes, she has particular experience in representing clients involved in emerging markets where she has a considerable focus in oil and gas related matters. She has advised clients involved in business all over Russia, in Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan and Belarussia. Irene's clients include both state companies and private enterprises.
In addition, Ms. Dallas has been involved in advising foreign companies who are either seeking to renew business in Libya or who may be exploring this area for the first time. Ms. Dallas has been involved in this market since 1999.
- Advising a Russian steel manufacturer in ICC Arbitration in a dispute concerning the breach of a contract for the construction of a steel mill in Bulgaria to the value of USD250 million;
- Advising an Azeri oil refinery in a series of LCIA arbitrations arising out of a reconstruction project;
- Advising a Russian oil refinery in a contractual dispute resolved by reference to the CCIG in Geneva;
- Advising a Russian oil company in a dispute arising from a series of oil trading contracts. The dispute was referred to the High Court in England and enforcement proceedings were then managed by Irene in Bosnia;
- Advising a Russian company on a dispute arising out of a pipeline construction contract in Libya;
- Advising various foreign companies on the acquisition of real estate in Libya;
- Advising foreign companies on the procedure involved in tendering for public works projects in Libya;
- Advising various foreign companies on the enforcement of Libyan court judgments in Libya;
- Advising various foreign oil companies on the Libyan EPSA;
- Advising a Russian state oil company in a dispute arising out of PSA referred to arbitration in Stockholm.