Pillsbury on Real Estate
Pillsbury Scores Big with 56 Tier 1 Rankings in 2011 U.S. News – Best Lawyers Survey
Mr. Engel is a partner in the law firm’s Real Estate practice and is located in the Washington, DC office. Mr. Engel counsels institutional lenders; local, regional, and national developers; international organizations; and nonprofit institutional clients that become involved in real estate transactions. He coordinates the lawyers, paralegals and specialists, who concentrate on the firm’s growing and diverse real estate practice, from traditional acquisition, development, and leasing projects to complex portfolio transactions, project finance matters, privatization of military housing, loan restructurings, joint ventures and land-use matters. Mr. Engel recently led a team of lawyers from various practice areas in closing the largest single portfolio transaction ever in the Washington area, involving $2.3 billion of real estate assets.
Mr. Engel served for many years on the regional advisory board of a national title insurance company and was a Virginia government affairs chairman for the International Council of Shopping Centers.
Prior to joining Pillsbury in 1976, he worked with The Rouse Company, developer of projects such as the new town of Columbia, Maryland, Faneuill Hall and Quincy Market in Boston and Harbor Place in Baltimore, from 1971 to 1975.
- Chambers USA, Real Estate—DC (2007-2013)
- Best Lawyers in America, Real Estate Law (2006-2014)
- Legal 500 US, Real Estate (2007-2012)
- PLC Which Lawyer?, Real Estate—DC (2007-2012)
- Who's Who Legal, Real Estate—DC (2010)
- Guide to the World's Leading Real Estate Lawyers, Euromoney/Legal Media Group (2013)
- BTI Client Service All-Star (2011)
- Washington's Top Lawyers, Real Estate, Washingtonian (2007, 2009, 2011)
American Bar Association; District of Columbia Bar Association; Virginia Bar Association; International Council of Shopping Centers