In Order to Win, You Must Participate
Perspectives on Real Estate
James M. Rishwain, Jr.
Firm Chair and CEO
Jim Rishwain is Pillsbury’s Firm Chair. His primary responsibility is to develop and execute Pillsbury’s strategic plan and policies as adopted by the Pillsbury Board. He is the board’s key advisor, the top executive, and its chief visionary, decision maker, and communicator.
Past Firm Leadership
Prior to becoming Pillsbury’s Chair, Mr. Rishwain faithfully served in the following firm capacities, among others:
- Leader or co-leader of Pillsbury’s global Real Estate practice for over 10 years
- Office Managing Partner of Pillsbury’s Los Angeles offices
- Chair of Pillsbury’s Partner Compensation System Review Initiative
- Vice-Chair of Pillsbury’s Compensation Committee, and former and current long-standing member of the Compensation Committee
- Member of the Professional Responsibility Committee
- Member of the Partner Hiring Committee
In addition to his firm leadership, Mr. Rishwain conducts a highly accomplished and recognized real estate practice. His practice has emphasis in real estate matters including strategic and high-profile investments and acquisitions, development, finance, capital markets, joint ventures, ground leases, build-to-suit leases, synthetic leases, exchanges, syndications, REITs, multi-family tax exempt bond financing, and participating mortgages, all involving the full range of property types. His clients are among the most successful real estate developers, investors, lenders, and owners.
- Chambers USA, Real Estate—California (2005-2013)
- Best Lawyers in America, Real Estate Law (2005-2014)
- Legal 500 US, Real Estate (2008-2009, 2011-2012)
- PLC Which Lawyer?, Real Estate—Los Angeles (2010-2012)
- Distinguished Alumni of the Year, Pepperdine University School of Law (2011)
- CEO Diversity Leadership Award, Diversity Best Practices (2009)
- Managing Partner A-List, Los Angeles Daily Journal (2009)
- Who's Who in LA Law, Leadership and Real Estate, Los Angeles Business Journal (2007)
- California Lawyer Attorneys of the Year (CLAY) Award, Transactional Law (2004)
- Real Estate Deal of the Year, Los Angeles Daily Journal