Kevin M. Fong
"Kevin Fong ... is recognized by peers as being one of the most talented appellate attorneys in the state.”
—Chambers USA 2013
Kevin Fong is leader of the law firm's Appellate practice, ranked by U.S. News/Best Lawyers as a "National Tier 1" appellate practice. He has appeared in 110 published decisions, including arguments in six cases before the California Supreme Court (prevailing in five of the six cases).
Mr. Fong's arguments have helped shape the law in numerous fields—establishing important precedent in the fields of environmental law and banking, for example. He has authored briefs in leading cases before numerous Circuits and the U.S. Supreme Court, including a landmark administrative law case, Chevron v. Natural Resources Defense Council. Mr. Fong was elected to the California Academy of Appellate Lawyers in 1991 and served as its 2010-11 president.
Mr. Fong has been a leader in promoting diversity in the legal profession for more than 30 years and chaired the firm's Diversity Committee for more than a decade.
- Chambers USA, Appellate—California (2010-2014)
- Best Lawyers in America, Appellate Practice (2007-2015)
- Annual Dinner Honoree, Southern California Chinese Lawyers Association (2009)
- Trailblazer Award, National Asian Pacific American Bar Association (2008)
- Annual Dinner Honoree, Asian Law Caucus (2006)
- Super Lawyers, Top 100—Northern California (2009-2012)