9th Circuit: Federal Arbitration Act Preempts California's Broughton-Cruz Rule on Claims for Injunctive Relief
Kevin Fong Speaks to Law360 about His Appellate Experience
Pillsbury Scores Big with 56 Tier 1 Rankings in 2011 U.S. News – Best Lawyers Survey
Kevin M. Fong
"Kevin Fong ... is admired for his 'comprehensive knowledge of California appellate court procedures' ..., 'he has the gift of being able to anticipate clients' needs and reactions.'"
—Chambers USA 2010
Mr. Fong is leader of the firm's Appellate practice team, ranked by U.S. News/Best Lawyers as a "National Tier 1" appellate practice. He has appeared in 100 published decisions, including arguments in six cases before the California Supreme Court (prevailing in five of the six cases).
Mr. Fong's arguments have helped shape the law in numerous fields—establishing important precedent in the fields of environmental law and banking, for example. He has authored briefs in leading cases before numerous Circuits and the U.S. Supreme Court, including a landmark administrative law case, Chevron v. Natural Resources Defense Council. Mr. Fong was elected to the California Academy of Appellate Lawyers in 1991 and recently served as its 2010-11 president.
Mr. Fong has been a leader in promoting diversity in the legal profession for more than 25 years and chaired the firm's Diversity Committee for more than a decade.
- Chambers USA, Appellate—California (2010-2012)
- Best Lawyers in America, Appellate Practice (2007-2013)
- Super Lawyers, Top 100—Northern California (2009-2012)
- Annual Dinner Honoree, Southern California Chinese Lawyers Association (2009)
- Trailblazer Award, National Asian Pacific American Bar Association (2008)
- Annual Dinner Honoree, Asian Law Caucus (2006)