Biennial Ownership Reports are due by April 1, 2014 for Noncommercial Radio Stations in Delaware, Indiana, Kentucky, Pennsylvania, and Tennessee and Noncommercial Television Stations in Texas
Annual EEO Public File Report Deadline for Stations in Delaware, Indiana, Kentucky, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, and Texas
Social Media Week - DC
Lauren Lynch Flick
Laurie Lynch Flick is a partner in the law firm's Communications practice and member of the firm’s Social Media & Games; Privacy, Data Security & Information Use; and Crisis Management focus teams. Ms. Lynch Flick represents social media and game companies, commercial and noncommercial broadcasters, content providers, and advertisers with respect to a wide range of regulatory compliance and content issues implicated by their electronic and digital media activities.
Ms. Lynch Flick counsels clients on such diverse topics as the Children's Online Privacy and Protection Act (COPPA); the Federal Trade Commission’s (FTC) Endorsement Guidelines, and Do Not Call/Do Not Fax/Do Not Email requirements arising under the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA), Controlling the Assault of Non-Solicited Pornography and Marketing (CAN-SPAM) Act, and similar state and federal laws. She advises advertisers and social media and game companies on key issues relating to contests, promotions, sweepstakes and the use of “gambling-like” mechanics within social and online games. Before the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) and federal courts, Ms. Lynch Flick has advocated extensively for clients in connection with communications licensing, rulemaking and enforcement proceedings, ever-changing regulatory obligations of broadcasters, and the impact of the National Broadband Plan on various industries.
Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Lynch Flick was a partner in the Washington, DC communications firm of Fisher Wayland Cooper Leader & Zaragoza, which merged with Shaw Pittman in April 2000. She is fluent in Spanish, and is experienced in Spanish-language advertising and programming issues through her representation of the nation's largest Spanish-language broadcasters.
Ms. Lynch Flick is a regular contributor to CommLawCenter.com, Pillsbury's one-stop resource center covering a wide array of communications law matters.
- Merged two publicly-traded media companies, including due diligence and prosecution of applications before the FCC for more than 80 licenses.
- Litigated numerous cases and set precedent before the FCC concerning broadcasters' carriage on cable and satellite systems, including securing the only fine ever assessed against a cable system for its failure to comply with its carriage obligations pursuant to statute and FCC rule.
- Advised a brand advertiser on structuring an international skill contest using consumer-generated content, including privacy issues, judging standards, and drafting of contest rules.
- Advised a non-profit entity on conducting a skill contest to award college students scholarship money, including structuring the contest and drafting of contest rules.
- Advised potential investors in online game company regarding compliance with state and federal gambling laws.
- Advised mobile application developers regarding compliance with FTC’s revised COPPA rules, including drafting of Privacy Policies.
- Advised social game companies regarding legal issues involved in matching random users, including drafting of Terms of Service.
American Bar Association; Federal Communications Bar Association
U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland, U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit