Pillsbury Attorneys Discuss Overlapping Antitrust Laws
Lindsay A. Lutz
Lindsay Lutz is a Litigation senior associate in the law firm's San Francisco office. Her practice focuses on antitrust, unfair competition, securities and other complex litigation. She has experience conducting internal investigations, representing clients in state and federal investigations, and in all phases of litigation—drafting discovery and substantive motions, taking depositions, court appearances on contested motions, conducting direct and cross-examinations, and drafting appellate briefs. She also advises companies regarding advertisements, advertising policies, and website terms and conditions.
Ms. Lutz rejoined the firm in 2010 after serving for a year as a law clerk to the Honorable David O. Carter of the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California.
Antitrust and Unfair Competition
- Representing a global electronics company in the defense of multi-district cartel litigation alleging that defendant manufacturers conspired to fix prices in violation of Section 1 of the Sherman Act and various state laws. Representation includes more than 40 related proceedings, including class actions brought by direct and indirect purchasers, individual actions by opt-outs, and attorneys general suing in both federal and state courts.
- Represented retailer in the defense of litigation alleging unlawful boycott in violation of Section 1 of the Sherman Act.
- Represented hotels, retailers, and other industries in numerous unfair competition class actions.
Breach of Contract
- Represented a software company in prosecuting software licensing case arising out of divestiture of software assets.
Securities and Financial Institutions
- Represented an in-house attorney at a public company in a securities fraud class action.
- Represented public company in responding to subpoenas in connection with investigation by the Securities & Exchange Commission.
- First chaired a two-week civil trial, including opening and closing arguments and direct and cross-examination, successfully obtaining a defense verdict on all claims.
- Represented a family from Honduras in successfully obtaining asylum, including drafting asylum application and supporting materials and representing family during asylum interviews.
- Super Lawyers, Rising Stars – Northern California (2013)
All U.S. District Courts in California
Honorable David O. Carter, U.S. District Court, Central District of California, 2010 - 2011