Something's Got to Give: Overlapping Antitrust Laws Create Redundant Claims
Pillsbury Attorneys Discuss Overlapping Antitrust Laws
Lindsay A. Lutz
Ms. Lutz is a litigation senior associate in the San Francisco office. Her practice focuses on antitrust, unfair competition, securities and other complex litigation, including class actions in both state and federal courts, as well as internal and government investigations. She has experience in all phases of litigation: discovery, drafting substantive motions, taking depositions, court appearances on contested motions, conducting direct and cross-examinations, and appeals. She also has experience conducting internal investigations and representing clients in investigations by state and federal agencies.
Ms. Lutz rejoined the firm in 2010 after serving for a year as a law clerk to the Honorable David O. Carter of the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California.
Antitrust and Unfair Competition
- Representing a global electronics company in the defense of multi-district litigation alleging that defendant manufacturers conspired to fix prices in violation of Section 1 of the Sherman Act and various state laws. Representation includes more than 40 related proceedings, including class actions brought by direct and indirect purchasers, individual actions by opt-outs, and attorneys general suing in both federal and state courts.
- Representing retailer in the defense of litigation alleging unlawful boycott in violation of Section 1 of the Sherman Act.
- Represented hotels, retailers, and other industries in numerous unfair competition class actions.
Breach of Contract
- Represented a software company in prosecuting software licensing case arising out of divestiture of software assets.
Securities and Financial Institutions
- Represented an in-house attorney at a public company in a securities fraud class action.
- Represented public company in responding to subpoenas in connection with investigations by the Securities & Exchange Commission.
- First chaired a two-week civil trial, including opening and closing arguments and direct and cross-examination, successfully obtaining a defense verdict on all claims.
- Represented an immigrant from Guatemala in removal proceedings, including drafting asylum application and supporting materials.
All U.S. District Courts in California
Honorable David O. Carter, U.S. District Court, Central District of California, 2010 - 2011