Martin A. Skehill
He is currently representing the Abu Dhabi Water & Electricity Authority (ADWEA) and the Abu Dhabi Sewerage Service Company (ADSSC) on various transactions in the electricity, water and wastewater sectors, including in connection with the structuring and implementation of the development of four new sewage treatment plants in Abu Dhabi on a build–own–operate–transfer (BOOT) basis. He is also advising ADSSC in respect of a range of regulatory matters relating to the water and wastewater sectors, and in connection with ADSSC's ongoing extensive infrastructure development projects with a range of developers across the Emirate of Abu Dhabi.
- Advising ADWEA and ADSSC in connection with the structuring and implementation of a BOOT project involving the development and construction by a special purpose vehicle of two new sewage treatment plants at Al Wathba and Al Hamah in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi, on a project finance basis (ISTP2 Project).
- Advising ADWEA, and its then affiliate, ADSSC, in connection with the structuring and implementation of a BOOT project involving the development and construction by a special purpose vehicle of two new sewage treatment plants at Al Wathba and Al Saad in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi, on a project finance basis (ISTP1 Project).
- Advising ADWEA as 60% shareholder as well as the project company in the bridge financing and then long-term financing of two sewage treatment plants in Al Wathba and Al Hamah.
- Advising ADSSC in respect of a range of regulatory matters relating to the wastewater sector, and in connection with various ongoing extensive infrastructure development projects across the Emirate of Abu Dhabi.
- Advising ADWEA in relation to ongoing matters in connection with the ISTP2 Project, including on the complex restructuring of an aspect of the project.
- Advising a major Abu Dhabi government-owned entity in its proposed bid for a generating asset in Oman.
- Advising UAE-based Al Ghurair Investments on the sale and acquisition, and the subsequent relocation, reconstruction and re-commissioning of a $600 million, 100,000 barrel refinery in Pakistan.
- Advising UAE-based RAK Minerals and Metals Investments, a subsidiary of RAK Ceramics, with the proposed acquisition of certain mining assets in a member country of the Commonwealth of Independent States.
- Advising a potential bidder in relation to the auction by AES Oasis of certain power assets in Pakistan.
- Advising Axis Speciality Limited in relation to the restructuring of the $1 billion capital markets financing for the Al-Madinat al-Zarqa (Blue City) real estate development in Oman.
- Advising a potential bidder in respect of the Shuweihat 2 IWPP in Abu Dhabi, UAE.
- Advising Duke Energy in connection with the sale of certain UK-based renewables assets.
- Advising a consortium as a bidder in relation to the Al Dur IWPP in Bahrain.
- Advising the government of the City of Saint Petersburg in connection with the Pulkovo Airport PPP Project in Russia.
- Advising Dhofar Power Company SAOG in relation to the Salalah IWPP in Oman.
- Advising a telecoms investor in connection with a US$635 million loan facility in respect of the purchase of certain telecommunications assets in the Republic of Guinea.
- Advising the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) in connection with various transactions, including a restructuring of the financing of a development project in Uzbekistan.
- Advising the developer of a power project in Abia State, Nigeria, including in relation to three EPC contracts for the construction of the power plant, substations and transmission network.
- Advising the Government of Lithuania on the privatization and $2.3 billion sale of Mazeikiu NAFTA oil refinery to Polish oil refinery company and petrol retailer, PKN Orlen.
- Advising Barclays Bank Plc in relation to the provision of a senior €300 million syndicated warehouse facility to a Swedish non-performing loan purchaser for the acquisition of loan portfolios in Germany, France, Belgium and the Netherlands.
- Advising Opoczno, Poland’s largest ceramics company, on its initial public offering.
- Advising JPMorgan, Credit Suisse and other leading investment banks on a number of debt capital market transactions for bank issuers out of Kazakhstan.
- Advising Bank Audi Sal - Audi Saradar Group, as initial purchaser, on a $200 million offering of 4.75% Notes due 2014 under a $9 billion Global Medium Term Note Program