Mike Barr practices in the commercial and administrative law fields in California, throughout the US and in the western hemisphere. He has extensive experience assisting established and emerging companies in the transportation, communications, computer, chemical, food products, energy, mining and manufacturing industries. He has served as the co leader of Pillsbury's Environmental practice section.
He focuses on emerging issues and innovative solutions to complex commercial and regulatory matters. He has assisted public and privately held companies, associations, trade groups and other entities on many matters of first impression, such as development rights creation, banking and trading.
Mr. Barr has served on many advisory and trade groups. He speaks often on emerging development, commercial and administrative issues to round tables, associations and foundations on subjects as diverse as space commercialization, rubber manufacturing and hard rock mining. He has participated and led many teams involved in business planning, venture startup, financing, project development, strategic reorganization, long term joint ventures and many other innovative activities.
- Chambers USA, Environment—California (2007-2016)
- Best Lawyers in America, Lawyer of the Year, Environmental Law (2010-2011)
- Best Lawyers in America, Environmental Law, Litigation – Environmental, Energy Law (for 25+ years)
- PLC Which Lawyer?, Environment—San Francisco & Silicon Valley (2008-2012)
- Who's Who Legal, Environment—San Francisco (2010)
- Best of the Best USA, Environment, Euromoney/Legal Media Group (2008-2009, 2011)
- Deal of the Year, Total Terminals Deal—Recognized, Asian-Counsel (2007)
Fellow, American College of Environmental Lawyers