Trends in Single-Family Housing
Preparing For Distressed Loan Buying in 2011
Pillsbury Announces Attorney Promotions for 2012
Peter G. Freeman
Pete Freeman is a partner in the law firm's Real Estate practice, where he represents lenders, developers, private equity funds and real estate investment trusts in connection with the construction, acquisition, disposition, financing, leasing and asset management of commercial properties. Mr. Freeman also works on matters involving loan sales, the disposition of distressed assets, joint ventures, restructurings and the transfer of mortgage servicing rights. He has provided pro bono transactional representation to the Gesher Jewish Day School and Bethesda Green, and has handled cases for Washington Area Lawyers for the Arts.
- Represented foreign government in the acquisition of more than 100 commercial whole loans relating to real property located in 26 states, with continuing representation relating to asset management and disposition activities.
- Represented national developer in its $325,000,000 financing of the acquisition and redevelopment of a landmark hotel located in Washington, DC.
- Represented national real estate investment trust in its $189,000,000 acquisition of a portfolio of retail properties located in Maryland.
- Represented Canadian investment fund in the $173,000,000 acquisition and financing of a portfolio of office and flex properties located in suburban Maryland and Washington, DC.
- Ongoing representation of a GSE in connection with its programs for the acquisition of loans from designated underwriters.
- Ongoing representation of family-owned development company in the acquisition, disposition and refinancing of hotels, office buildings and shopping centers located in the mid-Atlantic and southeastern United States.
- Legal 500 US, Real Estate (2012)
- Rising Star, 35 Under 35, Real Estate Bisnow (2008)
- Tomorrow's Newsmaker, Real Estate Forum (2008)
Maryland State Bar Association; American Bar Association
U.S. Supreme Court, U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia, U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia