Peter K. Hahn
Prior to joining Pillsbury, Mr. Hahn was a partner at Luce, Forward, Hamilton & Scripps LLP in San Diego.
- Counsel for Multimedia Games, Inc. in a patent infringement action brought by International Gamco, Inc. a licensee of a patent owned by International Game Technology (“IGT”) the world’s largest casino gaming equipment manufacturer. The litigation related to Multimedia’s operation of its central determinant video lottery system for the New York Lottery. Following six years of contentious litigation, the court granted summary judgment of non-infringement as to all claims asserted by International Gamco. The case was resolved shortly thereafter.
- Counsel for Multimedia Games, Inc. in a patent infringement action filed by Aristocrat Technologies Australia Pty. Ltd. which also related to the operation of Multimedia’s central determinant video lottery system in New York as well as a system in Washington State. The case was resolved following a successful motion for summary judgment filed by Multimedia Games, Inc.
- Counsel for Interventional Technologies, Inc. (“IVT”) in a patent infringement action filed by C.R. Bard over IVT’s atherectomy catheter for use in clearing arterial blockages. The case was successfully resolved after a jury trial.
- Counsel for Doca USA, Inc. in a trade dress infringement action filed by Kal Kan Foods, Inc. The case was successfully resolved before trial.
- Counsel for Hippo Golf, Inc. in a trademark infringement action filed by Mitsubishi Corporation. The litigation involved product markings on golf club graphite shafts.
- Counsel for a trade organization in a copyright infringement action filed by a competing trade organization over documentation provided to members as a member benefit. The case was successfully resolved before trial.
- Counsel for a leading international musical instrument manufacturer. Advise client on all aspects of developing, protecting and enforcing its global patent and trademark portfolio relating to its musical instruments.
- Counsel for a leading international aircraft component manufacturer. Advise client on all aspects of developing, protecting and enforcing its global patent and trademark portfolio.
- Counsel for an international beverage company. Advised client on developing and exploiting a global branding initiative.
- Best Lawyers in America, Litigation - Patent (2013)
- Martindale-Hubbell, AV® Rated
California Bar Association
Various U.S. District Courts and Circuit Courts of Appeals