Pillsbury Merits Gold Standard for Women's Leadership
Pillsbury has received a Gold Standard certification from the Women in Law Empowerment Forum (WILEF) for the number of women partners holding firmwide leadership positions.
"Pillsbury has always been an excellent place for women, and we are very pleased that Pillsbury is being recognized for supporting and promoting women in leadership roles throughout the firm," said Allison Leopold Tilley, who is a member of WILEF's advisory board as well as one of two women serving on Pillsbury's Board.
Of the 50 law firms certified in 2012, Pillsbury is one of 33 to have made the organization’s inaugural list in 2011. WILEF’s focus is on women’s empowerment, and it certifies law firms based on the percentage of women in the highest leadership roles. This is a distinction from surveys or lists that evaluate firms’ policies for work-life balance, diversity initiatives, or other lifestyle benefits.
To receive WILEF's Gold Standard certification, law firms must meet at least three out of six criteria specifying that women must make up at least: 20% of equity partners; 10% of firm chairs and managing partners in the U.S.; 20% of the firm's primary governance committee; 20% of the firm's compensation committee; 25% of the firm's practice group leaders or department heads; 10% of the top half of the most highly compensated partners in the firm.
WILEF will hold an awards luncheon recognizing Gold Standard firms on September 12 in New York at which Firm Chair Jim Rishwain will accept the award on behalf of the firm. To read more about WILEF and its Gold Standard certification project, please visit http://www.wilef.com/cert2.html.
In addition to Pillsbury’s Gold Standard certification, the firm’s other diversity recognitions include:
- American Lawyer Top Firms for Diversity Awards in 2011
- National Association of Female Executives 2011 “Top 50 List”
- Work Life Matters magazine's 2011”'Top Companies for LGBT Equality”
- Yale Law Women 2011 "Top Ten Family Firm" list
- Placement on Working Mother magazine's list of 100 Best Companies for the past six years, including the only law firm ever in the Top 10 in 2008
- 100% perfect score on the Human Rights Campaign's Corporate Equality Index for the past six years
- Firm Chair Jim Rishwain honored with a CEO Diversity Leadership Award by Diversity Best Practices in 2009