Recognized as among California’s “Top 100 Women Lawyers” by the Daily Journal, Ms. Good counsels companies on disclosure issues under the securities laws and compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002. Ms. Good advises Audit Committees and Boards of Directors in the investigation of allegations of misconduct, whether in connection with pending governmental/regulatory proceedings, litigation or prior to the commencement of any adversarial proceedings. Many of these investigations have involved activities in China, Japan, South Korea, Taiwan and the United Kingdom.
Over the past 20 years, Ms. Good has counseled over 250 private, pre-IPO and public companies on risk management and insurance issues. She also counsels individual officers and directors on D&O liability insurance.
In addition, Ms. Good has represented defendants in more than 20 consumer fraud class actions, private attorney general actions under California’s Business & Professions Code §§ 17200 et seq. and investigations initiated by the Attorney General’s Office and various regulatory agencies. Companies represented in such matters primarily are from the financial services sector, but also include technology companies.
Ms. Good is experienced in pre-dispute counseling and serves as an early neutral evaluator for the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California and is a panelist in the Early Settlement Program of the San Francisco Superior Court and The Bar Association of San Francisco. She has negotiated over 150 settlements.
Prior to joining Pillsbury, Ms. Good was a partner at Arnold & Porter and Chair of the Litigation Department at Howard Rice Nemerovski Canady Falk & Rabkin (2009-2011), before those two firms merged. Before joining Howard Rice as a director in 2001, Ms. Good was a partner at Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati.
In the community, Ms. Good has served on the Board of Directors of the AIDS Legal Referral Panel. Additionally, she has provided pro bono representation to the prisoners of Pelican Bay State Prison in a class action challenging the constitutionality of a broad range of conditions and practices. At the conclusion of the trial, Judge Henderson granted sweeping relief in favor of plaintiffs in a landmark ruling, Madrid v. Gomez, 889 F.Supp. 1146 (N.D. Cal. 1996).
- Best Lawyers in America, Litigation - Securities (2014-2015)
- Daily Journal, “Top 100 Women Lawyers in California” (2013)
American Bar Association, Association of Business Trial Lawyers, Securities Industry Association – Compliance & Legal Division, Bar Association of San Francisco, Santa Clara County Bar Association, Women in Securities (WISe)
All state and federal courts in California; District of Columbia Court of Appeal; U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit, Supreme Court of the United States
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman’s 2nd Annual Proxy Conference, San Francisco, CA, “Proxy Disclosure Shareholder Litigation Concerning Executive Compensation”, January 29, 2014
- CompensationStandards.com Webinar, “Executive Compensation Litigation & Proxy Disclosures”, January 9, 2014
- 11th Annual General Counsel West Conference, San Francisco, CA, “Latest Trends in Executive Compensation and Related Shareholder Litigation”, November 19, 2013
- Women in Securities (WISe) Event, San Francisco, CA, “Meet the United States Attorney for the Northern District of California and the SEC’s Assistant Regional Director of Enforcement”, October 7, 2013
- 21st Annual Conference of the National Association of Stock Plan Professionals (NASPP), Washington, DC, “Avoiding Section 162(m) Pitfalls in Equity Compensation Programs”, September 25, 2013
- Tackling Your 2014 Compensation Disclosures: The Proxy Disclosure Conference, Washington, DC, “How to Avoid Executive Pay Disclosure Litigation”, September 23, 2013
- 19th Annual Stanford Law School Directors’ College, Stanford, CA, “Special Investigations” Breakout Session, June 25, 2013.
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman 2013 Proxy Conference, Redwood City, CA, “Managing Your Say-on-Pay Vote” session, February 19, 2013.
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman Annual MCLE Marathon, Palo Alto and San Francisco; “Dodd-Frank Update: Say-on-Pay Proxy Disclosure and Shareholder Litigation,” January 2013.
- Golden State Antitrust and Unfair Competition Law Institute, San Francisco, CA, “The Supreme Court Theater: Now Playing and Coming Soon,” October 25, 2012.