Pillsbury advises on all aspects of U.S. and international securities offerings, providing experienced counsel on a broad range of issues including funding and formation for emerging companies, IPOs and financings, and corporate governance and compliance issues for public companies.
We are one of the leading law firms in the U.S. and international securities markets, representing all categories of securities markets participants: issuers, underwriters, agents, broker-dealers, investment advisors, investment and venture funds, institutional investors and private investors.
Our experience covers all types of debt and equity securities:
- IPOs and secondary offerings
- SEC-registered direct offerings
- Rule 144A placements
- PIPE offerings
- Alternative public offerings and reverse mergers
- Convertible and equity-linked securities
- Medium-term notes
- Straight and floating rate debt
- First mortgage bonds and other secured debt
- Other hybrid and structured debt securities
Our securities lawyers also advise public and private companies on all aspects of corporate governance, including the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002, Regulation D and other private placements, the resale of restricted securities under Rules 144 and 144A, compliance with insider trading restrictions, compliance with and exemptions from investment company laws, and the preparation of annual reports on Form 10-K and other periodic reports and proxy statements.
Recent rankings include:
- 3rd most active by volume in REIT debt as Issuer’s Counsel (2014 American Lawyer Corporate Scorecard).
- According to Corporate Counsel's survey of in-house counsel at Fortune 500 firms, Pillsbury is a "Go-To Firm" for Securities.
- Pillsbury Ranked 4th globally for number of completed PIPE transactions as Issuer Counsel by DealFlow Media's 2010 PIPEs Report.
- 8th among the 100 largest securities practices in the United States by number of lawyers (2009 Securities Law360).
- 9th most active by volume in investment-grade debt as Underwriter’s Counsel (2009 American Lawyer Corporate Scorecard).
The Securities Offering practice works on a broad range of offerings and has represented, for example:
- Represented Chevron Corporation in its $4 billion note offering.
- Represented Textron, Inc. in its $350 million note offering.
- Acted as underwriters’ counsel in the $500 million note offering by Qwest Corporation.
- Represented Violin Memory, Inc. in its $105 million offering of convertible senior notes.
- Represented Clearwater Paper Corporation in its $300 million Rule 144A/Regulation S high yield offering of senior notes.
- Represented Sinclair Television Group, Inc. in its $550 million high yield offering of senior notes.
- Represented National Retail Properties in its $350 million note offering.
- Represented Union Bank, N.A. in its $750 million offering of senior bank notes.
- Represented Midwest Fertilizer Corporation in its $1.259 billion tax-exempt offering.
- Acted as underwriters’ counsel in the $187.5 million initial public offering of A10 Networks, Inc.
- Represented Atlas Air, Inc. in its $140.5 million offering of secured notes.
- Represented Veracyte, Inc. in its $65 million initial public offering.