Vincent E. Morgan
From product liability to employment, Pillsbury’s Insurance Recovery & Advisory attorneys have represented clients in various specialty policies. Some of our lawyers’ experience includes:
- Secured a $55.3 million breach of contract, bad faith and punitive damages jury verdict, including more than $8 million in attorney’s fees and $46 million in punitive damages, in favor of a pipe joining manufacturer who was denied coverage for defense of product liability claims.
- Represented an industrial conglomerate in a $1.5 billion appeal to recover for asbestos liabilities under the company's CGL insurance policy.
- Representing a number of construction and real estate clients in pursuit of insurance recoveries for Chinese drywall and EIFS claims from insurance carriers.
- Represented an auto parts manufacturer on insurance issues in connection with a massive product recall.
- Represented a sports equipment company in prosecuting claims for insurance coverage of a wave of mass tort litigation filed in California by scores of present and former National Football League players and their families alleging that helmets provided by the insured were defective.
- Represented a Fortune 500 corporation to obtain insurance coverage for national and foreign class actions alleging product contamination.
Employment Practices Liability
- Obtaining favorable settlement for client, a restaurant chain, following appellate victory in case seeking reimbursement for settlement costs in wage and hour class action.
- Representing a medical clinic in claims for an underlying employee wage action. After an initial denial of coverage, we obtained a complete defense and substantial indemnity payment towards settlement of the underlying lawsuit.
- Representing a major power equipment manufacturer challenging its insurer for failure to defend and indemnify for the client’s alleged liability in an employment practices suit. The matter involved a manuscript employment practices liability coverage endorsement, the first of its kind from the London market at that time.
- Successfully obtaining defense and indemnity contributions under commercial general liability and excess policies held by a toy manufacturer, in claims against its insurers arising out of underlying trademark infringement litigation.
- Representing an entertainment business in seeking errors and omissions coverage for underlying claims alleging it was responsible for defects in a master DVD of a major motion picture. Obtained complete defense and indemnity.
- Represented a major power equipment manufacturer in a matter against its insurer for the insurer’s failure to defend and indemnify for the client’s alleged liability in a trademark and patent infringement case.
- Defended a RMBS trustee as insured in litigation brought by mortgage insurer seeking a declaratory judgment that would limit the insured's rights.
- Defended RMBS trustees and named trust in a fraud case brought by monoline insurer. We convinced plaintiffs to dismiss without prejudice the claims against our clients.
- Defended a RMBS trustee as insured in litigation brought by mortgage insurer seeking to rescind multiple mortgage insurance policies, damages and other relief.
Other Coverage Disputes
- Obtained insurance coverage for a number of retail clients in consumer class actions, including cases related to the Fair and Accurate Credit Transactions Act (FACTA).
- Successfully represented a real estate company in securing insurance coverage for defense against a civil suit brought by the U.S. Department of Justice.
- Obtained a multimillion-dollar recovery for a Major League Baseball team in a claim under a disability policy it held for key players.