Extort Me Not: Supreme Court Expands Protections for Permit Applicants Under the Takings Clause
Stacey C. Wright
Prior to entering the field of law, Ms. Wright was a program director at an international adoption agency in California where she managed international adoption programs.
- Lead associate in successful defense of challenged project approval under CEQA for a large development.
- Lead associate in preparation of brief before the Ninth Circuit, whose CERCLA analysis was supported by the Supreme Court in a subsequent decision.
- Lead associate in defense of multi-million dollar groundwater contamination case.
- Managed the successful processing of permit transfers on an expedited basis for client’s downstream facilities across multiple states to facilitate corporate restructuring.
- Managed responses to subpoenas and related negotiations in SEC inquiries.
- Managed a team that prepared 300K+ records for production in approximately ninety days in complex CERCLA, RCRA, California common law and statutory groundwater litigation.
- Second-chaired successful bench trial, defending title to residential property in action involving developing area of real property law.
U.S. District Court, Central District of California; U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit