Doing Business in the U.S.
SEC Approves NYSE and Nasdaq Independence Standards for Compensation Committees and Advisers
Pillsbury Scores Big with 56 Tier 1 Rankings in 2011 U.S. News – Best Lawyers Survey
Susan P. Serota
Ms. Serota leads Pillsbury's Executive Compensation & Benefits practice and is a member of the firm's ERISA Litigation team. She has experience in all areas of pensions, employee benefits, executive compensation and stock options. She has significant experience in the compensation of senior executives, fiduciary matters relating to ERISA and other plans, international benefits, employee benefit aspects of cross-border mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, welfare plans, ERISA fiduciary litigation and securities law matters. She is also an advisor to both foreign and domestic governmental entities, regarding pensions, deferred compensation and privatizing certain pension/social security/invalidity payment systems.
She is past chair of the American Bar Association Section of Taxation, the nation's largest organization of tax lawyers.
- Employment Lawyer of the Year Award, Chambers’ Women in Law US Awards (2013)
- Chambers USA, Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation—National (2005-2012), Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation—New York (2012)
- Best Lawyers in America, Lawyer of the Year, Employee Benefits (2011)
- Best Lawyers in America, Employee Benefits (ERISA) Law (for 25+ years)
- Legal 500 US, Employee Benefits and Executive Compensation — Leading Lawyer (2012)
- Legal 500 US, Labor and Employment and Executive Compensation (2007-2011)
- PLC Which Lawyer?, Labor & Employee Benefits—Employee Benefits & Pensions—New York (2007-2012)
- Guide to the World's Leading Labor & Employment Lawyers, Euromoney/Legal Media Group (2011, 2013)
- WEBA Achievement in Benefits Service Award, Worldwide Employee Benefits (2005)