Tim Wright and Tania Williams Consider the New Insourcing Trend
Tania L. Williams
Tania Williams is a counsel in the law firm's Global Sourcing practice and is located in the London office.
Ms. Williams represents multinational clients in the areas of information technology outsourcing and business process outsourcing such as finance and accounting and facilities management. In relation to these large-scale outsourcing initiatives, Ms. Williams acts for clients on all phases of the transaction, including throughout the procurement process with strategy development, preparation of proposal requests, evaluation of potential vendors, term sheet and contract negotiations, as well as ongoing contract management and deal restructuring.
Ms. Williams also advises on a broad range of technology-based transactions, such as enterprise resourcing planning system implementations and managed services arrangements, with experience across a wide range of technology related sectors, including hosting, networking, logistics and IT support.
Ms. Williams is able to tailor commercial solutions to each deal. Her experience extends to all related issues, including data protection, intellectual property and software licensing. Ms. Williams also assists clients with managing disputes, both within the context of ongoing contractual relationships, and following termination of agreements up to litigation.
Her clients include global companies in the pharmaceutical, natural resources, telecommunications, technology and financial services sectors. Representative matters include:
- advising a global conglomerate in relation to various data centre agreements in Europe and Asia;
- acting for a global diversified company in relation to framework agreements with various telecommunications providers;
- representing ENRC in relation to its business transformation project regarding its enterprise resourcing planning systems, including negotiations with SAP, Deloitte and Accenture;
- acting for GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) in relation to finance and accounting business processes outsourcing arrangements;
- representing GSK on the negotiation of global master services agreements covering three distinct facilities management (FM) service towers. This project won the 2010 European Outsourcing Association's Best Multi-Sourcing Project award;
- advising a telecommunications provider in relation to a large-scale IT outsourcing;
- assisting Resolution and the Co-operative Group on the outsourcing agreements for the life & pensions administration.
Ms. Williams was admitted to practice as a solicitor in Australia in 1998. Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Williams practiced in South Australia in the areas of commercial law and litigation, and since relocating to the United Kingdom in 2001, has gained extensive in-house experience within the technology sector, most recently with Hewlett-Packard.
Society for Computers and Law