Jorge A. del Calvo
Ronald A. Fleming
Glenn S. Richards
- Established our technology industry legal practice in 1968, when we incorporated Intel
- Nationally ranked by Chambers USA and Chambers UK for Corporate M&A, Information Technology, Life Sciences, Outsourcing, Privacy & Data Security, and Venture Capital
- The only international law firm to handle offerings on the Tokyo, AIM and AUS stock exchanges, according to IPO Vital Signs, an independent market database
Pillsbury's firmwide team for technology clients includes attorneys from our Corporate, Intellectual Property, Licensing, Regulatory, Litigation and other practices. We work in industry-focused teams that enable our attorneys to share knowledge and monitor emerging issues related to the technologies that define our clients' businesses.
Our technology-specific experience includes substantial work with clients in:
- Clean Technology
- Life Sciences & Health Care
- Medical Devices
- Renewable & Alternative Energy
- Social Media & Games
- Virtual Worlds & Video Games
One Firm for Any Matter
Every business encounters a range of legal needs that will vary over time. For technology clients, our multidisciplinary attorneys can provide services encompassing:
- Regulatory filings and counsel
- Financing and entity formation
- Public and private stock offerings, mergers and acquisitions
- Technology development and joint venture agreements
- Domestic and international licensing, distribution and customer contracts
- Executive compensation and stock options
- Tax planning and dispute resolution
- Patents, copyrights, trademarks and intellectual property counseling and litigation
- Commercial, securities, antitrust and general business litigation
- Employment law counseling and litigation
- Immigration issues
No other firm has a longer or more extensive track record with complex transactions involved in the outsourcing of information technology and business process functions. Pillsbury's two decades of experience covers more than 1,000 major transactions, with an aggregate value surpassing $500 billion. Clients in the retail, manufacturing, pharmaceutical, utility, telecommunications and financial services industries have envisioned and executed successful global sourcing strategies with the help of our team and our exclusive scoping and contracting approaches.
Litigation and Compliance
Clients value Pillsbury's international reputation for excellence in complex litigation and arbitration. We assist our U.S., European and other international clients in litigation risk analysis and planning, the strategic use of litigation in enforcing their rights against third parties, and the defense of proceedings initiated by competitors and others in the international marketplace.
We also advise our clients that do business around the world on how to comply with the U.S. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and the UK Bribery Act, as well as antitrust, competition and other trade laws.
Pillsbury's intellectual property practice is recognized for its breadth and depth of experience in representing high-technology companies in various matters from patent applications to intellectual property litigation. We are well-versed in the different government incentives offered to foreign investment in high-tech projects and R&D centers, along with the applicable regulations and intellectual property protection.
In the last 30 years, we have filed more than 52,000 patents and over 19,000 trademarks, including foreign marks in around 145 different countries. Our IP litigation practice ranks among the top 10 in the nation in patent, trademark and copyright litigation (IP Law & Business, Managing Intellectual Property, and Legal 500 USA).
Privacy, Data Collection and Information Management
Pillsbury advises a large variety of domestic and international businesses on legal issues relating to privacy, data collection and information management. Pillsbury views data management and the safekeeping of customer and employee information as fundamental to the well being of corporations today, especially in the electronic age where customer information is one of a company's most valuable assets. The privacy and data protection laws in the United States, the European Union and around the world each pose their own numerous and difficult challenges to businesses. Pillsbury lawyers frequently counsel clients on the risks that they may face from particular information collection and sharing practices, potential data breach and loss issues, and privacy policies and procedures.
Value-Added Services and Connections
Our lawyers tap their industry relationships to bring together companies, research organizations and academic institutions to explore opportunities for joint ventures, sponsored research and technology licensing. The programs hosted by Pillsbury each year are events that attract prominent venture capital firms and promising startups for networking and exchanging of ideas.