Terry Callan is a retired partner in the law firm's Litigation practice and is located in the San Francisco office. His practice areas include antitrust litigation, class action litigation and counseling with particular emphasis on representation in Federal and state grand jury, FTC and other investigations.
Mr. Callan's antitrust/trade regulation experience includes multi-jurisdictional cartel investigations and damages claims, unfair competition and tort litigation, representation of corporate and individual clients in grand jury, Department of Justice, Federal Trade Commission, Attorney General and internal corporate investigations, and antitrust counseling in the areas of distribution, dealer relations, pricing and marketing practices, and joint ventures and mergers.
Mr. Callan has represented, defended and counseled clients in alleged cartel activities involving industries as diverse as dynamic random access computer chips, cathode ray tubes, carbon fiber, high fructose corn syrup, thermal fax paper, canned fruits, pharmaceutical products, bananas, paper products, earthmoving equipment, banking, credit cards, forest products, popcorn, fine writing, coated and reprographic papers, snack foods, milk cartons, frozen foods, recreational vehicles, fruits and vegetables, marine dredging, construction, pineapples, nursery products, tuna, pails and drums, school equipment, franchising and telecommunications.
- Best Lawyer in America, Litigation - Antitrust, Antitrust Law (2013-2017)
- California Antitrust Lawyer of the Year, Antitrust & Unfair Competition Section of the State Bar of California (2012)
- PLC Which Lawyer?, Competition/Antitrust—San Francisco and Silicon Valley (2007-2012)
- Legal 500 US, Antitrust (2010, 2012-2014), Antitrust—Civil Litigation/Class Actions (2015)
- Guide to the World's Best Competition/Antitrust Lawyers, Euromoney/Legal Media Group (2010)
- Martindale-Hubbell, AV® Rated
- Super Lawyers (2004-2014)
American Bar Association, Section of Antitrust Law; The State Bar of California, Antitrust and Unfair Competition Section (Past Chair); The Bar Association of San Francisco
U.S. Supreme Court; U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit; U.S. District Courts for the Central District of California, Eastern District of California, Northern District of California and Southern District of California
Order of the Coif, Thurston Honor Society, Law Review