Tiffany N. Cruz
Ms. Cruz is an associate in the Litigation Department of Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman.
Her practice focuses on complex commercial litigation as well as employment litigation and counseling. She represents clients in the transportation, communications, consumer and retail, and financial services industries, among others. She has significant experience interviewing various parties and drafting declarations, replies to Motions in Limine, and memorandum regarding electronic discovery and class certification. She also has experience analyzing documents in response to requests for production from opposing counsel, as well as coordinating document production.
Ms. Cruz's recent employment litigation matters include
- Represent a global communications company in a wage and hour employment case
- Represent a financial services firm in a California state employment discrimination case
- Represent a consumer and retail company in an employment discrimination case
Ms. Cruz has an active pro bono practice. She currently is representing a client before the Social Security Administration challenging the denial of an application for supplemental security income disability benefits. She works with the San Diego Volunteer Lawyer’s Program domestic violence clinic, assisting victims in obtaining temporary restraining orders. She also participated in Stand Down San Diego, a day-long event that provides essential services to homeless veterans.
As a law student, Ms. Cruz served as a judicial intern for the Honorable David C. Mason in the 22nd Judicial Circuit Court in the City of St. Louis. Before practicing law, Ms. Cruz worked for Caterpillar, Inc., as a process engineer, logistics supervisor, and sheet metal buyer.
- SDVLP’s Distinguished Service Award (2013)
- Wiley W. Manuel Award for Pro Bono Legal services (2013)
- Wiley W. Manuel Award for Pro Bono Legal services (2012)
San Diego County Bar Association; American Bar Association; Earl B. Gilliam Bar Association; Association of Business Trial Lawyers; Lawyers Club of San Diego; Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority Inc.
Southern District of California, Northern District of California, Central District of California, Eastern District of California, Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Honorable Jean C. Hamilton, U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Missouri, August 2010 - November 2010
- Honorable Carol E. Jackson, U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Missouri, August 2008 - August 2010
Panelist, American Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division’s teleconference entitled, “Judicial Clerkships: Planning and Experience Gained” (May 22, 2013)
Panelist, San Diego Volunteer Lawyers Program’s MCLE program entitled, “Social Security Disability ALJ Hearings” (August 30, 2012)