22nd Annual All Hands Meeting
Vernon H. Granneman
Mr. Granneman’s practice emphasizes the prosecution and trial of commercial, technology and intellectual property disputes, including patents, copyrights and trademark/trade dress. He has substantial experience in litigation of claims involving business torts, unfair business practices, shareholder disputes, trade secrets and ERISA violations. Mr. Granneman also has significant experience in creditors rights litigation, including provisional remedies such as receiverships, prejudgment attachment, claim and delivery and judicial foreclosure.
Mr. Granneman’s practice also emphasizes alternative dispute resolution, including arbitration, mediation and early neutral evaluation. As an advocate, he has conducted more than 30 arbitration trials in proceedings administered by the American Arbitration Association, the International Center for Dispute Resolution and JAMS. He regularly serves as a pro tem settlement judge and as an arbitrator in court-annexed arbitration proceedings for the Santa Clara County Superior Court.
Mr. Granneman’s pro bono and community service activities include serving as a member of the Board of Directors of the Law Foundation of Silicon Valley, the largest provider of legal services to the poor and underprivileged in Santa Clara County.
Mr. Granneman has lectured on a variety of trial practice subjects including fundamentals of civil litigation during trial, mediation, arbitration, evidence for business lawyers, breach of contract remedies and enforcement of judgments. He has also served as a faculty member for numerous litigation training programs sponsored by Pillsbury and the National Institute for Trial Advocacy.
- Three-week jury trial of commercial dispute involving next generation satellite communications system.
- Two-and-a-half-week jury trial of shareholder dispute involving corporate financing and put option agreement.
- Four-day international arbitration trial of commercial dispute involving fixed wireless internet access systems.
- Four-week jury trial on trademark infringement.
- Five-week jury trial of product liability claims.
- Two-week JAMS arbitration trial of disputes arising out of termination of contractual relationship between third party administrator of disability insurance and major insurer.
- Two-week JAMS arbitration trial of disputes arising out of breach of commercial real estate development agreement.
- Defended numerous lawsuits against a major bank, arising out of the insolvency and bankruptcy of a large agricultural borrower.
- Represented multi employer pension trust funds in federal trial court and arbitration proceedings, including more than 10 arbitration trials.
- Defended an out-of-state bank and real estate investment trust in major litigation relating to construction of a 120-unit condominium development in San Jose.
Santa Clara County Bar Association
All Federal District Courts in California; U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit