Don't Let Your Service Levels "Do a Number" on You
Vipul N. Nishawala
Mr. Nishawala has extensive experience in counseling clients on a broad range of technology-related transactions and related issues. His experience includes:
- Structuring, negotiating, and drafting complex technology transactions, including: long-term and strategic information technology, business process, and human resources outsourcings; software licensing, maintenance and development agreements; Web-hosting and Internet-related agreements; equipment purchase and leasing transactions; and consulting and nondisclosure agreements;
- Providing assistance on all stages of technology transactions: gathering requirements and developing requests for proposals; conducting competitive term sheet negotiations among potential bidders; and recommending supplier and project management strategies; and
- Advising on and negotiating complex disputes arising from technology agreements, including: proving material breach; assisting in terminations for cause and convenience; renegotiating agreements; and resolving complex scope, performance and financial disputes.
Before joining Pillsbury, Mr. Nishawala was associated with Wiley, Rein & Fielding in Washington, D.C., where he advised telecommunications clients on regulatory and transactional issues before the Federal Communications Commission and the US Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit.
Mr. Nishawala has been ranked among the top tiers of Technology and IT Outsourcing lawyers in New York by Chambers USA in 2007, 2008, 2009 and 2010. He also has been recognized nationally by Chambers USA in 2008, 2009 and 2010 as a leading attorney in the area of Outsourcing. According to clients interviewed, he is “very effective in negotiations: he protects the client in terms of operational and financial impact" and is "knowledgeable about all aspects of whatever deal he’s working on - he can remember different bits of a deal and put the pieces together to address whatever issues we want addressed.”
- Chambers Global, Outsourcing—USA (2009-2013)
- Chambers USA, Outsourcing—National, Technology & IT Outsourcing—New York (2007-2012)
- IAM Licensing 250, Technology Licensing, Intellectual Asset Management Magazine (2011)
American Bar Association
New York State Bar Association
Association of the Bar, City of New York