Thought Leadership 03.02.17
Amy Pierce represents clients in nationwide, California-wide and New Jersey-wide putative class actions. She counsels clients on compliance with various state and federal laws and regulations across the United States.
Amy's practice focuses on commercial litigation, including highly complex matters, and related federal and state law and regulatory compliance counseling.
Prevailed on a motion compel arbitration on an individual basis filed on behalf of one of the largest national banks in the United States.
Prevailed when opposing a motion for summary adjudication on behalf of a larger footwear manufacture and retailer, resulting in an order confirming that the plaintiff cannot state a claim for relief under California law.
Opposing a motion for class certification on behalf of a major women's clothing and accessories retailer, resulting in a significantly reduced number of putative class members.
Testified before the State Assembly Judiciary Committee on proposed amendments to California's Contractors Law.
Center Partnership Award from the Center for Youth Citizenship, September 2007
- Honors & Awards
- Captain of Team Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman for the 2008 – 2011 Komen Sacramento Race for the Cure. Awarded No. 1 Corporate Team with the Highest Team Donation and No. 1 Corporate Team with the Highest Average Team Member Donation
- Top 100 Fundraiser Club 2008 – 2011 Komen Race for the Cure Sacramento Valley Affiliate
- Center Partnership Award from the Center For Youth Citizenship, September 2007
- Co-Captain of Team Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman for the 2005 – 2007 Komen Race for the Cure, Awarded No. 1 Corporate Team with the Most Pledge Dollars Raised Per Team Member
- Representative Speaking Engagements
- "Social Consciousness – Not Just for the Millennials," West Coast General Counsel Conference, November 17, 2015.
- "Before You Hit Send, Did You Know … U.S. and Canada Anti-Spam Laws," Webinar, January 15, 2015.
- "How Consumer and Retail Businesses Can Prepare for the Next Data Breach," Webinar, April 17, 2014.
- "Risky Business: High-Risk Areas that Could Lead to Privacy Class Action Lawsuits," Webinar, April 4, 2012.
- "Are You Ready? California Transparency in Supply Chain Act of 2010," Webinar, December 13, 2011.
- "New Federal Gift Card and Prepaid Access Rules – Virtually Everyone is Covered," Webinar, November 3, 2011.
- "How the Gift CARD Act Affects your Gift Card Program," Webinar, September 1, 2010.
- "New Federal CARD Act Law and Regulations, Part II," Webinar, May 26, 2010.
- "New Federal CARD Act Law and Regulations," Webinar, April 13, 2010.
J.D., University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law, 2000
with great distinction, Order of the Coif
B.S., California State University, San Bernardino, 1997
9th Circuit Court of Appeals
U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Central and Eastern Districts of California and all California State Courts