Awards & Rankings 11.02.18
The real deal for oil and gas work.
Anthony Raven is the firm’s Tokyo office Managing Partner and co-leader of the firm’s Tokyo Energy & Infrastructure Projects practice.
Anthony advises multinational and Japanese companies on the development and project financing of major projects around the world, including LNG, chemicals, petrochemicals, refining and power, and in a range of upstream and midstream energy work, including LNG SPAs.
Anthony also advises on disputes, regulatory and sanctions issues in the energy industry, on the UK Bribery Act and the U.S. FCPA, on government investigations, issues around compliance, bribery and corruption, and on crisis management.
Represented Sumitomo Chemical on the recent expansion of the project-financed USD 20B Rabigh integrated refining and petrochemical project in Saudi Arabia, which won Deal of the Year from Project Finance International.
Represented JX Nippon Oil & Gas Exploration Corp. on the development and project financing of the $1 billion carbon capture and sequestration, pipeline and enhanced oil recovery project at the W.A. Parish power plant in Fort Bend County, Texas.
Chambers Global, Asia-Pacific Region, Projects & Infrastructure
Chambers Global, Japan, Projects & Energy: International Firms
Chambers Asia-Pacific, Projects & Energy – Japan
- Honors & Awards
- The Legal 500 Asia-Pacific, Leading Lawyer in Projects & Energy
- IFLR1000: Leading Lawyer in Energy and Infrastructure
- Member of the Projects Team, Ranked in IJ Global - Three Top 20 League Tables for First of 2017 in North America (including Project Finance, Infrastructure Finance and Power Infrastructure Finance).
- International Association of Petroleum Negotiators
- International Project Finance Association
LL.B. (Hons), University College London and Université Paris II Pantheon-Assas, 1996
First Class honours
Law Society of England and Wales
Japan, Dai-ichi Tokyo Bar Association (Foreign Admitted Lawyer)