The lawyers in our Dubai office present extensive regional experience in many different sectors including Banking, Finance, Retail, Telecom, Media, Construction and Aviation. Our multijurisdictional Dubai team provides clients with extensive experience in commercial transactions, corporate set-ups, intellectual property, infrastructure development and finance, aviation finance, corporate restructuring, employment matters, as well as real estate transactions and Islamic finance. They counsel governments, government departments and agencies, banks, financial institutions, telecom providers and major domestic and multinational corporations based in, or doing business in, the Middle East.
Complemented by the firm's network of more than 700 lawyers throughout the U.S. and in London, Tokyo, Beijing and Shanghai, our Dubai office is part of a team that has provided guidance on some of the most challenging matters arising in the Middle East, including:
- Acting as a key advisor on some of the most complex energy projects in the Middle East, including advising on the regulatory structure for the licensing of nuclear power plants and advising a prominent national oil company on global LNG projects.
- Representing a major Saudi engineering firm on joint venture agreements and commercial contracts.
- Acting as underwriters’ counsel for the issuance of project debt supported by a multilateral institution.
- Representing major Middle Eastern airlines in the purchase and financing of aircraft.
- Representing a UAE sovereign wealth fund on real estate investment in the United States.
- Representing a major Qatari bank in its public listing, as well as advising them on all capital markets related matters.
- Working with two of the region's largest media providers on all their content acquisition work including bidding for the rights to International sporting competitions.
- Working with numerous retailers and franchisees on the franchising of their brands into the MENA region.
- Carrying out an Intellectual Property Audit for numerous organizations in the UAE and Qatar and preparation of an IP protection strategy.
- Negotiating and executing aircraft acquisition deals on behalf of one of the largest private jet operators in the region.
- Representing a regional sports investment fund in the acquisition of two major European Soccer teams.
- Representing the UAE Pro league committee in the licensing and tendering of the rights package to the UAE's most watched football league.
- Negotiating water supply agreements for a large desalination facility.