American Conference Institute’s 3rd National Forum on Satellite & Space Export Controls
Pillsbury invites you to join Nancy A. Fischer, Partner in the Pillsbury International Trade practice, on Tuesday, September 29, at the 3rd National Forum on Satellite & Space Export Controls, hosted by the American Conference Institute.Ms. Fischer will be a speaker in a panel session entitled, “Complying with ITAR Brokering Rules in the Context of Satellite and Space-Related Marketing and Sales.”
The discussion will address the following points:
- Status of proposed changes to ITAR brokering regulations
- Proposed brokering language/requirements that are unique to the space context: Aftermath of DTAG comments
- What constitutes a “broker”, “brokering” and “facilitation”, and the application to foreign persons otherwise subject to U.S. jurisdiction
- To what extent commercial space activities are captured by brokering rules
- When a consultant, underwriter, foreign employee or salesperson can be a “broker”
- When marketing, third party technical assistance and setting up meetings can trigger brokering requirements
- What is a “commission”?
- Complying with “prior notification” requirements and exemptions
- Securing license and other approvals for brokers
Learn from and network with leading experts from satellite and space companies and government agencies, who will provide you with policy and enforcement updates, and practical compliance tools.For more information and to register, please visit American Conference Institute.