Pillsbury on Real Estate
Robert N. Weinstock
- Represented a landlord in a lease with a major Washington, D.C. law firm of over 400,000 square feet.
- Represented a purchaser in the acquisition of a portfolio of 6 office buildings in the Washington, D.C. area.
- Represented a property owner in a transaction involving the sale of 2 shopping centers and the purchase of 4 replacement commercial properties in a tax deferred exchange under Section 1031 of the Internal Revenue Code. The transaction included loan assumptions on 2 loans and the placement of 3 additional loans.
- Represented a major limited partner in a transaction involving an office building partnership in which a general partner with a right to sell the building was replaced with a new general partner, the partnership agreement was renegotiated and the building was refinanced.
- Represented a developer in the acquisition of a site for office development. The transaction involved the purchase of both land and additional development rights, renovation of an adjoining historic property and the creation of a condominium regime in the new office building pursuant to which the two land sellers acquired portions of the new building as part of the sale consideration, in lieu of cash.
American Bar Association, District of Columbia Building Industry Association
Panelist: Real Estate Strategies for Associations and Law Firms, Washington, DC, 11-June-2013
Moderator: Developer Panel, Bisnow’s Office of the Future Event, Washington, DC, 30-June-2011
Presenter: Learn About Major Lease Issues Impacting Property Managers, Institute of Real Estate Management, Arlington, VA, 27-Oct-2010
Panelist: Representing Tenants in the Foreclosure Wave, TREP Conference Panel Discussion, Washington, DC, 20-May-2010
Panelist: Leasing in Troubled Times—Protecting the Landlord and Tenant from Each Other—And Engaging the Lender in the Process, DCBIA Panel Discussion, Washington, DC, 15-April-2009
Moderator: What’s Driving the DC Leasing Market? Tenant demand or Investor/Developer Proformas, Real Share, Washington, DC, 28-Feb-2007
Speech: Assignments and Subleases, Advanced Commercial Real Estate Leases Conference, Washington DC, 30-Mar-2006Firm Publications
“Reasonableness” in Consenting to an Office Sublease, Pillsbury on Real Estate, Spring 2007