Diversity & Inclusion
Pillsbury was one of the first major law firms to advance women to partnership, and we were the first Am Law 100 firm to be led by a woman. Our diversity and inclusion efforts are consistently recognized as among the best in class, as are our progressive workplace policies and programs.
- We have appeared on Working Mother magazine’s 100 Best Companies list every year since 2007, including as the only law firm to crack the Top 10.
- The Human Rights Campaign’s Corporate Equality Index has given us a 100 percent score every year since 2006.
- The Women in Law Empowerment Forum has certified us a Gold Standard law firm for the number of women holding firmwide leadership positions.
- Pillsbury has been among NAFE’s (National Association for Female Executives) Top 50 Companies for Executive Women since 2010.
- Pillsbury is a 25-year member of the California Minority Counsel Program, which helps attorneys of color access opportunities for business and professional development.
- Vault’s associate survey has ranked us in the Top 20 for diversity, with high marks for women, minorities and attorneys with disabilities.
- We have placed among the Top 40 firms on the American Lawyer Diversity Scorecard.
- Pillsbury was one of the first firms to adopt a flexible work arrangements program, extend benefits to domestic partners, and abolish mandatory retirement.
We celebrate these accomplishments, but know that there is still much to be done to diversify our profession and corporate America. And so, we sponsor and hold leadership roles with numerous organizations that promote diversity, including STEMconnector, Million Women Mentors, 2020 Women on Boards, Catalyst, California Minority Counsel Program, National Asian Pacific American Bar Association and Lambda Legal, among others. We partner with clients who share our commitment to diversity; Chevron, for example, has named Pillsbury a Diversity Champion for our ongoing commitment to diversity.
Within our firm, we cultivate inclusion and opportunities for advancement with leadership from a firmwide Diversity & Inclusion Committee and through firmwide initiatives such as the Board Committee for Advancement of Women Attorneys. This priority to welcome and advance diversity is in turn paired with a top-notch talent development program and progressive employment policies that give individual attorneys resources and flexibility to build thriving careers at Pillsbury.