2013 Project Finance - United States
Robert James Reviews Oil and Gas M&A Trends
Robert James Comments on The Truth Behind State-Owned Oil Companies
Robert James Interviewed on the Complex Balance Between National and International Oil Companies
Robert A. James
Mr. James is co-leader of Pillsbury's Energy industry team and a member of the firm's governing board. He is resident in the firm's San Francisco and Houston offices. He advises clients in commercial and corporate transactions and provides counsel in the energy, infrastructure, construction, manufacturing and marketing fields. His transactional practice focuses on energy project development; carbon sequestration projects; acquisitions and divestitures of business lines and formation of joint ventures; construction projects; and supply, distribution and licensing agreements.
He has led our advice on oil and gas production and transportation projects in Russia and Kazakhstan, as well as LNG, geothermal and other projects in North America, South America and Asia. His acquisition, divestiture and joint venture advice has involved oil and gas production and transportation, alternative fuels, wind, solar and conventional power generation, chemicals, mining, manufacturing and marketing. Among his construction projects are a Canada-California gas pipeline, power plants, hotels, offices, water facilities, railways, other public works and infrastructure, and the San Francisco Giants' celebrated baseball stadium.
- Chambers Global, Projects—USA (2012-2013), Energy: Oil & Gas (Transactional)—USA (2007-2011)
- Chambers USA, Projects—National (2007-2012)
- Legal 500 US, Real Estate & Construction Litigation (2012)
- PLC Which Lawyer?, Energy & Natural Resources—San Francisco & Silicon Valley (2008-2012)
- Who's Who Legal, Energy—San Francisco/Houston (2010)
- Guide to the World's Leading Energy and Natural Resources Lawyers, Euromoney/Legal Media Group (2007, 2010)
- California's 100 Most Influential Lawyers, Los Angeles and San Francisco Daily Journals (2006)
- Super Lawyers, Construction/Surety, Energy & Natural Resources, Mergers & Acquisitions—Northern California