Brian Beckerman focuses his practice on commercial litigation in the aviation and aerospace industries, representing major companies and suppliers in contract disputes and representing financial institutions in aviation finance matters.
Brian represents clients in complex commercial litigation in industries including financial services, aerospace, transportation and real estate. He also advises clients on issues related to corporate governance and internal restructurings, particularly in connection with bankruptcy and adversary proceedings. Brian advises domestic and foreign clients mostly in New York courts and other Northeast U.S. jurisdictions.
- Represented a multinational aerospace company in a $1 billion dispute with its subcontractor.
- Represented a major aerostructures manufacturer in a $60 million contract dispute concerning an asset acquisition.
- Representing a multinational hedge fund in nationwide, multidistrict litigation involving aviation finance venture.
- Representing a nationwide financial institution in connection with multidistrict real estate litigation.
- Successfully defended a nonprofit environmental company against a $60 million contract dispute.
- Successfully defended two Attorneys General in a lawsuit regarding the enforcement of statutory law against a company engaged in printing 3D guns.
- Represented a transportation company in mediation over an $80 million rail car manufacturing dispute.
- Represented a New York City-based holding company in connection with nationwide litigation stemming from foreign and domestic environmental claims.
- Advisor to the New York Court of Appeals' Permanent Commission on Access to Justice.
- Advisor to New York Court Commercial Division Advisory Council.
- Contributor to quarterly New York Law Journal column regarding New York Appellate Decisions.
- Contributor to Commercial Litigation in New York State Courts, Fourth Edition, treatise.
- Head coach of a Queens high school moot court team and mock trial team in statewide competitions.
- Legal Intern at the NYU Business Law Transactions Clinic, where he assisted a NYC charitable bail fund and an international education and healthcare initiative program based in Indonesia and Laos.
- Articles Editor for the NYU Journal of Law and Business.
- Legal Intern at the Office of the Attorney General in Washington, DC, where he worked in the Public Safety Unit assisting with the prosecution of low-level criminal offenders.
- Intern at the Employment Rights Unit of the Office of the Attorney General in Hartford, CT, where he assisted in defending state agencies against employment-related claims.
- Speaking Engagements
- "High Stakes Litigation in 2020: Navigating the Current Administration, Aviation Safety and the Coronavirus," Harvard Law School, March 9, 2020
J.D., New York University School of Law, 2016
Recipient, NYU Pollack Center Award for Journal Distinction
B.A., University of Connecticut, 2012
magna cum laude
U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit