Press Release 04.19.21
Glenn Richards leads Pillsbury’s Communications practice. Based in Washington, DC, he is a recognized authority on IP communications regulations and telecommunications policies and issues.
Glenn represents VoIP and cloud communications service providers; satellite, wireless, long-distance and competitive local exchange carriers; broadcasters; equipment manufacturers; trade associations and others in transactional matters and before the FCC and state public utilities commissions. A partner in the firm’s Global Sourcing practice, Glenn also negotiates global telecommunications service contracts for large corporations. He also helps investors in communications companies manage regulatory risks associated with mergers, acquisitions, IPOs and financings.
- Recognized by The Legal 500 U.S. for Telecom & Broadcast (2010, 2013–2015, 2017–2019) and by Who’s Who Legal for Regulatory Communications in 2013.
- Recognized by Best Lawyers (published by BL Rankings LLC), Communications Law (2019-2021).
- American Bar Association
- Federal Communications Bar Association
- Speaking Engagements
- “The Regulatory Changes You Cannot Afford to Ignore,” Cloud Comms Summit, Leesburg, VA, September 12, 2019
- “Space debris, satellite communications and positioning,” Silicon Valley Space Tech presentation, April 23, 2019
“Telecom Regulatory Update,” ITExpo Conference, Ft. Lauderdale, FL, January 30, 3019
Moderator, “Town Hall Meeting: FCC, FTC, NIST, Oh My,” ITExpo Conference, Ft. Lauderdale, FL, January 29, 2019
"The Ever-Changing World of Telecom Regulation: The Latest from Washington," NMHC OPTECH Conference & Exposition, Las Vegas, NV, October 26, 2017
“FCC Issues Impacting the Messaging Industry,” MoNage Fall Conference 2017, Boston, MA, October 25, 2017
"FCC.AI Fighting to Keep the Convosphere Unregulated," "Legal and Regulatory Issues in the Convosphere," MoNage ChatBot Summit, San Jose, CA, March 21-22, 2017
“Internet Regulations and Innovation,” MoNage Conference, Boston, MA, September 21, 2016
“Regulatory: What’s DC, the UK and the EU Doing to Us,” Cloud Communications Alliance Fall Conference, Denver, CO, September 19, 2016
Moderator, The FCC’s Proposed Broadband Privacy Requirements: Debating the Pros and Cons” panel, July 12, 2016
- Meeting Client Expectations, Telecom Settlements and Negotiations, Leading Lawyers on Structuring Deals, Resolving Disputes, and Facing Regulatory Issues in Telecommunications Law, published November 2006, by Aspatore Books (part of the Inside the Minds series)
- Along with a team of Fisher, Wayland lawyers, co-authored the chapter on Government Regulation of Multimedia, in Scott, Multimedia Law and Practice (1994 Supplement, Prentice-Hall)
J.D., New York Law School, 1985
B.S., West Virginia University, 1982
District of Columbia
U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit
U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York