Blog Post 02.23.23
Special Consultant, Washington, DC
Oleg Khokhlov, a highly regarded Russia-qualified lawyer with LL.M. degrees from University of Pennsylvania and Georgetown, advises banks and multinational corporate clients on a broad range of transactional finance, sanctions and compliance matters.
Oleg’s practice focuses on raising finance for clients in a variety of industries, including banking, telecommunications and energy. He represents clients in restructuring, venture capital and asset finance deals, and has significant experience in aircraft finance.
A native Russian speaker who has worked in Moscow, London and now in Washington, DC, Oleg offers significant global business perspective to inform clients’ risk management strategies, including advising on U.S. and EU sanctions compliance issues.
Oleg has practiced law for more than two decades in Russia, where, most recently, he was a partner in an international law firm’s Moscow office. Oleg has been recognized by Chambers Global and The Legal 500 for Banking & Finance in Russia.
- Advised international banks, industrial and technology companies on U.S. and EU sanctions matters.
- Advised major international and domestic lessors on aircraft leasing matters and restructuring of distressed portfolio of commercial aircraft.
- Advised a leading renewable energy developer on issue of debut green bonds by a special financing vehicle. Proceeds from the issue will be partly used for refinancing existing facilities granted to develop two solar power plants with a total installed capacity of 30 MW.
- Highly recommended for Banking & Finance by Chambers Global, IFLR1000 and The Legal 500
- Certified Global Sanctions Specialist (CGSS)
- Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS)
- Received Cohen Scholar Award for studies at the University of Pennsylvania
- Member, ACAMS, the largest international membership organization for Anti-Financial Crime professionals
LL.M., Georgetown University Law Center
LL.M., University of Pennsylvania, 2021
University of Pennsylvania, Wharton School, 2021
Business and Law Certificate
Lomonosov Moscow State University, 2007
J.D., Kutafin Moscow State Law University, 2003