An acknowledged leader in the area of repurchase credit facilities and warehouse lines of credit, Bob Grados counsels clients in matters involving real estate structured finance on a national basis. His practice includes loan origination, complex credit facilities, and mezzanine financings.
Bob is experienced in working with a variety of national and regional financial institutions, REITs, real estate investment funds, insurance companies, and institutional investors in structured finance transactions, including syndicated, securitized, and single-lender mezzanine and mortgage loans; construction and permanent loans; corporate, warehouse, and subscription credit facilities; "repo" transactions; and other complex structured financings, including cross-border matters. Bob's practice also focuses on the workout and restructuring of troubled real estate loans and credit facilities. In addition, he has extensive experience in representing property owners and developers in the acquisition, disposition, construction, leasing, and development of commercial and multifamily real estate.
Bob is a former trustee and president on the Irvington Union Free School District Board of Education in Irvington, New York. He has been acknowledged repeatedly in the Chambers USA and in The Legal 500 publications.
- Advised SITE Centers Corp. in connection with the refinancing of a $900 million mortgage loan provided by Column Financial, Inc.; JP Morgan; and Morgan Stanley which was collateralized by mortgage liens on 24 U.S. properties, one Puerto Rico Property, and a pledge of equity interests in the owners of 12 Puerto Rico properties.
- Represented Wells Fargo Bank, National Association, as administrative agent, sole lead arranger, sole bookrunner, and lender, in connection with a $357.5 million senior syndicated term loan secured by an 815,000 square foot, fifty-story office tower located in Midtown Manhattan.
- Advised Exantas Capital Corporation in connection with a $250 million repurchase credit facility to finance certain mortgage loan investments.
- Advised Huntington Ingalls Industries, Inc. in the sale and seller financing of the Avondale Shipyard, a 254-acre shipyard located on the Mississippi River in Jefferson Parish, Louisiana.
- Represented Angelo, Gordon & Co, LP and its affiliates in connection with a $100 million repurchase credit facility to finance certain mortgage loan investments.
- Advised DDR Corp. in its spin-off of a portfolio of 50 assets, comprised of 38 Continental U.S. assets and the entirety of the Puerto Rico portfolio into a separate publicly-traded REIT named Retail Value Inc.
- Represented five real estate opportunity funds managed by Garrison Investment Group LP in revolving subscription credit facilities from a large financial institution totaling over $750 million in credit availability across the funds.
- Advised Garrison Real Estate Fund III LP and certain of its affiliates in connection with a $100 million subscription credit facility opposite a large financial institution.
- Advised Resource Capital Corp. and its affiliate, RCC Real Estate SPE 7, LLC, in connection with a $250 million repurchase credit facility with Barclays Bank plc, pursuant to which Barclays Bank will provide credit to Resource Capital Corp. and its affiliate to finance certain mortgage loan investments.
- Advised DDR Corp. in connection with a $1.35 billion mortgage loan provided by Column Financial, Inc.; JP Morgan; and Wells Fargo which was collateralized by mortgage liens on 38 U.S. properties and a pledge of equity interests in the owners of 12 Puerto Rico properties.
- Advised H.I.G. Realty - Woodbridge Holdings, LLC, an affiliate of H.I.G. Realty Partners, in connection with the formation of, and a $19 million preferred equity investment in, a joint venture (the “Joint Venture”) with an affiliate of Sturm Asset Management for the development of a 232-unit apartment community in Woodbridge, New Jersey (the “Project”).
- Advised HighBrook Income Property Fund, LP in the $28 million refinancing of a 3-building office portfolio in Phoenix, Arizona opposite CIT Bank, N.A.
- Advised C-III Commercial Mortgage LLC in its $350 million repurchase credit facility opposite Wells Fargo Bank, N.A.
- Advised HighBrook Income Property Fund, LP in the $112.4 million refinancing of a 21-building office portfolio in Denver, Colorado opposite Annaly CRE LLC.
- Advised Wells Fargo Bank, National Association, as administrative agent, in connection with a $200 million syndicated construction financing for an office/data center project in New York City.
- Advised The Blackstone Group in its refinancing of certain office, laboratory, and parking properties located at 650 East Kendall Street and 350 Kendall Street, Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- Represented Jefferies Finance LLC, as sole lead arranger and sole bookrunner, in connection with the refinancing of senior secured credit facilities for Internap Corporation, a global supplier of IT infrastructure services.
- Advised HighBrook Income Property Fund, LP in connection with the acquisition and discharge from receivership of seven office buildings with approximately 386,918 aggregate square feet located in Chanhassen, Crystal, Edina and Bloomington, Minnesota, including a joint venture with certain existing owners.
- Advised Brookfield Asset Management Inc. in its $854.5 million acquisition of a portfolio of office and industrial sites.
J.D., University of Pittsburgh School of Law, 1995
B.A., University of Michigan, 1991