Regulatory Compliance Representative Matters
- Represented Deutsche Bank and BNP Paribas in connection with a loan to Abry Partners for the acquisition of Securus Holdings, an inmate calling services provider.
- Acted for AB Private Credit Investors in connection with a loan to X5 OPCO, LLC to fund the acquisition of Novatel Ltd. and Cornerstone Telephone Company LLC.
- Represented Educational Networks of America in connection with its acquisition by Zelnick Media Capital.
- Advised BNP Paribas in connection with a loan to Castle Harlan for the acquisition of Securus Holdings.
- Counseled Barclays Private Credit in connection with a credit facility for Extenet Holdings for the acquisition of Distributed Antenna System networks.
- Acted for SunTrust Robinson Humphrey in connection with a credit facility for Extenet Holdings.
- Advised North Bridge Growth Equity in connection with its investment in VoIP provider Jive Communications.
- Represented VoIP/broadband provider Education Networks of America in connection with its merger with mSouth.
- Acted for broadband provider Long Island Fiber in connection with its merger with Sidera Networks.
IP Representative Matters
- Represented the HTC companies in lawsuit involving multirate signal processing in MP3 and AACv2 codes (Hybrid Audio v. HTC et al., (E.D. Tex.)).
- Represented the ZTE companies in a seven-patent lawsuit involving Adaptive Multi-Rate (AMR) vocoders and other cellular technologies (Wiav Solutions v. ZTE et al., (E.D. Va.)).
- Represented the ZTE companies, the Kyocera companies, and Nokia in a lawsuit involving complex spreading in CDMA2000 and WCDMA (SPH v. Kyocera and SPH v. Acer et al.).
- Represented Pulse~LINK in three patent litigation matters adverse to TZero Technologies, CASD. Cases involved Ultra-Wideband communications technology (IEEE 802.15.3a).
- Represented AT&T, Sprint and Best Buy in case filed by non-practicing entity related to cell phone positioning and location technology (Arrival Star S.A. v. Cellco, et al.).
- Represented AT&T Mobility Inc. in defending suit for infringement of patent on a “Telephone/Transaction Entry Device and System for Entering Transaction Data into Databases” asserted against cellular phones and networks, in which the Court granted AT&T Mobility’s motion for summary judgment on ground patent claimed patent-ineligible subject matter, a ruling the Federal Circuit affirmed on appeal.
- Handled IP due diligence, copyright and trademark issues as well as talent issues in connection with AT&T Services Inc.’s acquisition of a media company and managed the entertainment content and entertainment-union related aspects of this complex transaction.
- Represented the ZTE companies in several ITC Investigations, including 337-TA-850, 337-TA-884 and 337-TA-905.
- Handled more than 40 inter partes reviews involving telecommunications companies before the Patent Trial and Appeal Board.