Lannett Raises $76.5 Million in Confidential Offering
Jonathan J. Russo
Mr. Russo is a partner in the law firm's Corporate & Securities practice and is located in the New York office. He represents clients in corporate transactions involving mergers and acquisitions, private equity and venture capital financings and securities offerings. He also advises clients with respect to general corporate and securities matters. Mr. Russo regularly represents private equity firms, foreign and domestic entities and broker-dealers in the technology, media, healthcare, biotechnology and hospitality sectors.
Mr. Russo has completed more than 150 corporate transactions involving mergers and acquisitions, private equity or venture capital financings or securities offerings. During his career, he has completed leveraged buyouts, merger and acquisitions, private equity investments, venture capital financings and registered direct, PIPE and private placement transactions involving in excess of $4 billion. In addition, Mr. Russo has represented issuers and underwriters in connection with over 10 initial public offerings in the advertising, biotechnology, healthcare, telecommunications and consumer retail industries.
Mr. Russo served as a law clerk to the Hon. William H. Timbers, U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit, 1987-1988; and the Hon. Ricardo H. Hinojosa in the U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas, 1986-1987.
- The representation of a private equity sponsored medical reference laboratory company in connection with the acquisition of seven medical laboratory companies
- The representation of a world leading information provider in connection with the acquisition of a comprehensive drug database provider and an evidence-based clinical content provider
- The representation of a major media company in connection with the acquisition of an on-line sports network and a private equity investment in an on-line sports ticket operator
- The representation of a high-resolution micro-imaging systems provider in connection with its sale to an ultrasound provider
- The representation of a publicly-traded biotechnology company in connection with its sale to an international pharmaceutical company
- The representation of a private equity firm in connection with the recapitalization of two publicly-traded technology companies
- The representation of a publicly-traded REIT in connection with its acquisition of twelve hotels
- The representation of numerous independent cable television and cellular operators in connection with their sale to leading cable television and cellular providers
- The representation of two property and casualty insurance brokerage companies in connection with their sale
- The representation of numerous financial advisors in connection with merger and acquisition transactions and restructurings, including fairness and solvency opinions
Co-author, "Two Noteworthy Delaware Court Rulings on Controlling Stockholder Transactions" published in VC Experts, August 2010
Co-author, "Securities Act Rule 144A and Portal" published in Rule 144A: The Expanded Private Placement Market (Prentice Hall Law & Business), 1991