Dave anticipates hurdles prior to them becoming major hindrances and finds practical solutions to problems.
Pillsbury Corporate partner David S. Baxter is leader of the firm’s Financial Industry Group and co-leader of the firm’s Capital Markets Group and has advised on hundreds of securities issuances, mergers, acquisitions and divestitures involving more than $85 billion.
Dave represents issuers, underwriters, placement agents, purchasers and trustees, advising on public and private issuances of all types of equity, debt and hybrid securities, including structured finance, securitizations and liability management issues. He also advises on mergers, stock and asset transactions, and joint ventures, focusing on private mid-market deals. Dave works with a variety of industries, including energy, pharmaceuticals (with a particular focus on royalty interest monetizations), aircraft, industrial and technology clients.
- Advises on issuances of equity, debt and hybrid securities ranging from registered deals (including at-the-market offerings), private placements, structured finance, securitizations and liability management issues.
- Represents acquirers, sellers and financial advisers in mergers, stock and asset transactions and joint ventures, focusing on private mid-market deals.
- Counsels clients in various other areas, including intracompany reorganizations, dissolutions, domestications, reverse stock splits and fairness opinion matters.
- Recognized by The Legal 500 U.S., Energy Transactions: Conventional Power (2019).
- Recognized by Chambers USA since 2010 for Energy: Electricity Finance – National and by Chambers Global for Energy & Natural Resources – USA (2017 – 2021).
- Represented Goldman Sachs and BNP Paribas in DVB Bank’s first securitization, a transaction hailed by Airfinance Journal as its 2015 “European Deal of the Year.”
- Advised Virginia Conservation Legacy Fund in its acquisition of Patriot Coal assets, a novel transaction that won a 2015 “Deal of the Year” award from M&A Advisor.
J.D., Harvard Law School, 1999
B.A., Duke University, 1996